I get to mini-celebrate

Use this area to share diet tips and weight loss recipes or secrets.

Moderator: Chris_W

Justme

I get to mini-celebrate

Post by Justme »

Last April a co-worker and I were both complaining about how terrible we felt due to our ever increasing weight :evil: We both are W.W. drop outs. I am even a life time member :cry: So, we agreede to return together, I picked day, Mondays, she pick place, near her house (27 miles from mine :???: )

Well, I reached my 10% goal today :D :D :D . That means I have lost 10% of the weight that I initially started out weighing. For me that is a signifiant amount of weight. I'll admit to needing to loose between 90 to 100 #.

Now, if I just stick with it. I usually start slipping around this point in my weight loss journey. The most I have lost as an adult was 30 lbs. then it was my birthday, or a vacation or the holidays, etc. and the next thing I knew I had regained and then some.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Congrats on the weight loss Tami. Hopefully you can keep losing, or at least maintain without adding for a while ;)

There are definitely times where I also feel really sluggish and out of breath easily. Usually I am plenty active, but I'm also a stress eater, and then the added weight makes things more stressful so it is a vicious cycle. When I get down I try to walk more, try to act more upbeat and try to eat healthier foods and it really helps to turn me around.

Good luck!

Chris
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Hi Tami, congratulations on your great achievement! That's a lot of hard work, but it is paying off. I just returned to WW, former lifetime member too and it's been three weeks and I am really enjoying it and eating way better. Keep it up and stay focused, you'll get there. :P
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Hi Tami~

BIG CONGRATS!! I know it's hard, as dh has been fighting a battle with his weight and in the last few years had to lose it as a result of getting a diabetes type 11 diagnosis! He's done well, then slips, then gets back up on the horse and works at it again. I'll keep you in my prayers that you succeed at what you want here in doing this! How great that you have a friend to share it with! It's harder for men to find that, I think.

We'll offer encouragement any time you need! Just post ot message and we'll be there on the journey with you!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Justme

Post by Justme »

Thanks all for the congratulations. Type 2 diabetes is what I am hoping to avoid, lots of relatives have it. Nasty stuff.

Well, I get to work last night and my co-worker/support buddy is really happy for me (we had to go to seperate meetings this week due to conflicts). Then later she catches me alone and tells me she has to stop going to meetings with me :eek: , sorry. I tell her o.k. She is the type of person to tell you if she has a problem with you, so I know that wasn't it.

She then asks me, "don't you want to know why?" I look at her and say, "Your pregnant!!" Yep, very happy event :D BUT, I can't tell anyone else at work :D :x . I will somehow bit my lips and play dumb.

Well, my kids will love keeping me in line.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Tami!!

Congrats!! I luckily, never had to deal with weigh issues until now..... between the change of life, thyroid, plus other health issues, I have gained almost 30 pounds. I find it hard to not eat my bowl of ice cream with dark choc syrup on top in the evening....never bothered me before, why does it now? :lol:

Good luck to you! Now with no buddy to go with that has to be hard. Hugs!
Justme

Post by Justme »

Chocolate :D :D . Chocolate is a health food. :D 8-) Unfortunately you only need about two Hershey's kisses worth a day :cry:

It protects your heart and helps even out emotions.

Ice cream is just good. Try Blue Bunny fat free. A couple of the flavors are just 1 W.W. point per 1/2 cup and taste great. Use sugar free syrup.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
madmama

Post by madmama »

Congratulations Tami!!!!

I have been fighting my weight most of my life so I know where you are coming from. I lost over 60 pounds a couple of years ago partly thanks to the support and encouragement I got here at Hallsons. I had been doing pretty good at keeping it down till just recently. My life has kind of gone nuts!
Any time you feel discouraged or want to give up just let us know. There is nothing better then having your own cheering section and that is just what we are.
The best tip I can give you that has helped me is to just MOVE. If I talk on the phone I pace, if I’m putting clothes away I do one room at a time. Any time I can make a job have extra movement I do it. I just keep telling myself moving means burning calories and that’s the name of the game.

Keep up the GREAT work!!! You can do it!!!
<font size="+2" I>Jane<I/font>
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Tami? Are the kids old enough to walking with you? Maybe to help plan 'healthy' meals together, so you are teaching them what goes into to be healthy, planning, buying and preparing the meals? Perhaps they COULD be a good source of support?

And we'll be here for you too! Keep it up girl!
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Congrats, Tami! Motivation is half the battle. I hope losing your buddy won't discourage you. I love madmamma's idea to keep moving. I don't multitask well, but I think even I could pace while talking on the phone. :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Justme

Post by Justme »

Oh, I don't have any trouble moving (most days :wink: )

I wear a pedimeter everyday. I walk 2 to 4 miles at the mall on day I didn't work the night before. And I walk 8,000 to 16,000 steps at work each night, aveg. 12,000. most nights.

My kids are super skinny. 17 yr old D.D is 5'5" and weights 119# Dressed in Jeans! :evil: :lol: My kids don't stop, D.D. walks dogs a mile or more each day. D.S. (10 on friday) has to take meds to slow him down for school and is always asking if something is a healthy food or not. Of course he eats everything in sight.

I know I can get any encouragement I need here :D

Just updated the food diary on W.W. site for past 3 days (keep paper on also, but not as accurate) Found out I had used up all my extra points for the week as of last night! I never do that! But, we had the employee appreciate cookout on Thursday night (hamburgers and hot dogs) Then D.S. 10th birthday was Friday - he choose Burger King for his dinner, at 10 you pick you favorite restaurant by the toy being offered :wink: . And then we had the family party at Chuck E. Cheese yesterday!

It all good, all just go walk and earn more points for today.

Thanks for support, Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Heathly or slim, your dd would benefit from walks with you as you share that time together I'm sure :D I didn't mean that she needed it, just that it's a healthy thing to do with one another you know? What can be better than spending time with family while staying healthy and building on those bonds :D

So glad you are doing well on it. As a dietician will tell you, you will fall off or overdo on occasion, it's just important to know how to get back on the task and learn from it all :D Sounds like you have a great handle on it! The internet is a great thing isn't it! I'm hoping it helps me with a little habit that I have soon also :D
Justme

Post by Justme »

I know you weren't saying my kids were fat. But so many kids today are overweight and don't excerse.

My former W.W. buddy loves to "joke" about the "fat/skinny People" That is people who weight a number they are comfortable with/wear a size they are comfortable with, but eat terrible and don't exercise.

She feels it is better to be overweight and healthy then "skinny" but unhealthy.

I think my kids have learned from my bad self as well has my good self. I have always walked, D.D. used to go with me sometimes. Now she likes to go by herself, same as I really prefer to go by myself. Works stuff out of my busy brain. Bet she is doing the same as she is like me that way.

D.S. and I ride bikes together on weekend when weather is good. No video game in our house.

Gained 1 1/2 # from the parties this past weekend, it's o.k. I'll loose it for next week. I figured after two months of losses each week I was due for a gain or platue soon.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Those level times are hard I'm sure. Dh was frustrated and thought maybe that's all he should use if he wasn't loosing more. Part of it for him was the plateau, and part was a new job where he's on the road at 3 am and not home till 5-7, then showers, eats, and in bed again to start all over. But it's harder yet, to get any time in to excercise. :( Not sure whether 2 days on the weekends will help or not, as lately we play catch on his sleep one day and things that need to get to down on the last day if he has the weekend off :(

And yes, I've been accused of being skinny (though I'm not at my weight and height), but truly not a healthy eater unless he's home to cook/prepare for :( My problem is, I forget to eat until I'm famished or shaking. Not a healthy thing either :(
Justme

Post by Justme »

I feel you. I can't exercise on days I work. Luckly (?) I usually am on my feet there (yeah, lucky me). And while I am eating better, I really don't like "healthy foods". My four food groups are Bread, Meat, Chocolate and diet coke.

I figure any change you get on for the healthy is better than none.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Yeah, it's chocolate and pasta for my mainstays! :( Not healthy at all! at least the chocolate has nuts often and the pasta is whole wheat! :D
Kas

Post by Kas »

Tami, switch to Ghirardelli Intense Dark "Twilight Delight" 72% cacao bars. They don't dutch their chocolate so it is higher in those antioxidants. A serving size is 3 pieces, but I usually only need one. I said "usually"! I have lost 30 lbs since August of last year and most of that in the last six months. But the rainy weather is already starting here in the Pacific Northwest. And with the back and forth for school (three trips a day) my day is shot. I need to get walking again because I am just maintaining now and not losing.

Congrats on your loss! Keep it up. I still have 40 to 50 left to go, myself.

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
New Topic Post Reply