Pic Posting Test

Use this area to test posting, replying, picture uploading, signatures, etc.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W, Brian_H

Ludi
USDA Zone: 7a

Pic Posting Test

Post by Ludi »

640 x 480 TinyPic

800 x 600 TinyPic

800 x 600 Flickr Link - BBC Code
Links to my Flickr page directly

1024 x 786 Flickr Link - BBC Code
Links to my Flickr page directly

As attachment from my Desktop - MAX 5 per post
(placement of view pane can be added anywhere in post if necessary with 'Place inline' button under 'Posted Attachments')
Links to larger resolution, I assume now housed on Hallson Servers ?
P5120013.JPG
Last edited by Ludi on Feb 15, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The only thing two Gardeners will ever agree on is what the other is doing wrong.

You won't know how to grow a plant successfully until you've killed it a few times.
Ludi

Re: Pic Posting Test

Post by Ludi »

There seems to be a mild, but noticeable difference in image sharpness between the TinyPic and Flickr 800 x 600 resolutions (look at the mulch in topleft corner).

Maybe because TinyPic is compressing to the 800 x 600 resolution, where Flickr is formatting the pic through BBC code to 800 x 600 ?

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
Ludi :D
Last edited by Ludi on Feb 19, 2015 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing two Gardeners will ever agree on is what the other is doing wrong.

You won't know how to grow a plant successfully until you've killed it a few times.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Yes, the last picture is hosted here on our server. The image has been compressed and reduced in file size with a dimension of 1024 x 768 pixels at 72dpi. The new image hosted here is 137kb. How big was the picture you uploaded? I can still tweak it a little bit if you think the last image doesn't look good enough.

All of these picture load fine for me.
Ludi

Post by Ludi »

Hi Chris,

The last pic is fine, imo. I was curious if the attachment went directly to your servers, which you confirmed it does. :D

The original file on my desktop say it is 2.99 MB. I can't seem to find the actual dimensions of the original pic, and don't have any photo editing software (atm).

I was more curious to see if anyone could reciprocate what I was seeing in the crispness between the Flickr upload versus the TinyPic upload (both 800x 600).

Thanks,
Ludi

tsbccowboy
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota 44°43'39.50"N 93°14'52.40"W

Post by tsbccowboy »

Ludi,

The Flickr photo was much sharper than the TinyPic photo.

Cowboy
New Topic Post Reply