Some recent baskets

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Some recent baskets

Post by party_music50 »

I don't have any people around me who are at all interested in my baskets, so thought I might see what the crafters and others here think.

I've woven primarily with reed, but recently decided to try something completely different and weave miniatures with waxed linen. The first I made was the blue one, and I didn't have a clue how it would handle. Second was natural, and I was experimenting with shaping and control. Third was the wasp-waisted green where I was experimenting with color control. And the orange was the last waxed linen I made -- to experiment with everything and be "seasonal". lol! That's a quarter in the photo, btw.

~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
Hapygdnr

Post by Hapygdnr »

wow! Those are really nice. I like the seasonal one the most. I can really tell that you've gained control of the medium. I can see the progression from your 1st one to the final one. Even though they are small I would imagine they take a fair amount of time to make. Glad you included the quarter so we could see how small they are...
Nice work!
Jeanne aka Hapygdnr
Justme

Post by Justme »

Those look great to me. And I know from stuff I have done (not baskets) that smaller is harder.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
party_music50

Post by party_music50 »

Thank you both for the reply. Yes, hapygdnr, they take a LONG time to make. Even my family shakes their head and tells me they have better things to do with their time. :eek:

I like the orange one best too. Though the green one is a close second. I doubt if I'd feel the same in spring. :)

Making baskets is a lot like gardening. I want to show people who just aren't interested in that kind of thing. :lol:
~~~ Audrey ~~~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh my goodness, those are adorable!! I like them all but I like that green one.....My birthstone is green and sometimes green things look the best.....not always, but alot they do! I could never sit to do something like that.....I clap my hands to you!!

Thanks for sharing!! :cool:
party_music50

Post by party_music50 »

Thanks, LucyGoose. It does really strain the eyes. :o
~~~ Audrey ~~~
New Topic Post Reply