Do you sell your crafts?

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

hummingbird
USDA Zone: 9b

Do you sell your crafts?

Post by hummingbird »

I'm curious as to how many of you sell your crafts, or just do it for friends and family as gifts? I do it for all of the above and it's alot of fun for me since I had to change my 'hobby'. I make toys and fashions for pets and some jewelry....what do you make?
"Friends are as elusive as rainbows"
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Re: Do you sell your crafts?

Post by caliloo »

I've taken a few jewelry making classes and combining that with my degree in Fine Arts, I have been able to make some saleable pieces. Actually, I was accepted into one of the nicer galleries here in my home town a few months ago and have done very well selling there.

As far as other crafts, I am pretty limited to coming up with projects that can be finished by a 2nd Grader in 20 min or less for a classroom party :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

That's awesome Alexa! Locally selling your pretty jewellry rocks...I'm sure your talented enough to do even more, nutty girl :lol:
I recently started to sell at an online crafters site, the pet part is going good, but so far not much happening on the jewelry yet. Mind you it takes time and you probably noticed that too.
I've always been on the creative side and as the years go by I don't see it changing. I'm 40 now and even though my life has taken a huge turnaround, certain things do stay the same.
Hope your jewelry continues to sell for you. :beer:
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

Here's some of what I have been selling online http://rachelspetdesigns.etsy.com if your new to Etsy and want to sell your items this is a great site for that. Even talk show Rosie has a shop there. Visit me there and say hello.
Epona

Post by Epona »

Those are cute hummingbird! I wish I was able to sell my crafts but I just don't have the time right now. I tried to set a goal of making 50 knitted baby hats for charity but I'm coming up really short...lol not enough hours in my day. That's okay I'll just double my goal for next year.
otnorot

Post by otnorot »

I used to sell these rocks all planted and the driftwood planted.
Old but still learning
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

otnorot wrote:I used to sell these rocks all planted and the driftwood planted.
Those are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing those.
party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Post by party_music50 »

Very cool stuff. :)

yes, my poor family has had to suffer with my creations as gifts. lol! Sometimes I make them something that they REALLY love though... My niece in college was absolutely thrilled with the tote basket I made for her.

I have sold a lot of my handwoven baskets -- I also teach weaving -- but to date, all proceeds have gone to a Memorial Scholarship Fund in my niece's name. I've thought about doing the arts & crafts sales thing a few times, but I'm too busy with all of my other interests. lol! I need to find a "craft fair" that's close to home, that supplies the tables and chairs for setup, that doesn't require a registered business to be a vendor, that's run in the winter months when I'm not golfing or gardening, and that's either inexpensive to be a vendor or where they don't take 1/3 of the sales. I'll be looking a long time for that. lol!

My latest creation was an Adirondack Pack Basket (custom sized for me, of course!). Here's a photo of me wearing it. I made the harness too. :)
Attachments
pack_basket_me.jpg
pack_basket_me.jpg (64.6 KiB) Viewed 9532 times
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
i<3glennbeck

Post by i<3glennbeck »

i've never sold any kind of craft- i've thought about opening an etsy shop but i don't think i would be able to keep up with it. i do a lot of knitting and crochet but once i'm done with a project i can't imagine a stranger wearing it, hah. i've got a lot of candle making supplies too, but again, that's another thing that (in a tiny apartment) takes up quite a bit of time to accomplish and clean up, i always give things away to friends and family. i always have really great ideas for "sellable crafts" but before i ever get to it, i have a better idea and it just keeps going from there.

on the topic of etsy, though, you guys should all check out http://www.regretsy.com
otnorot

Post by otnorot »

I did at one time but I'm to old to do this anymore.These are planters made of redwood roots.If your in Ont,Que,New York.and driving in the country you will see farmers fields lined with root stumps instead of a fence and this is what I used as planters. I also planted on granite. I would get 70 dollars each for these,once I collected the wood I could plant up about 10 a day.

Old but still learning
morgansrgr8
USDA Zone: 5

Post by morgansrgr8 »

I'm getting to the point of having enough to try to sell a few. Mostly have been giving them as gifts. I have 2 large looms and make rag rugs. And I also paint birdhouse gourds. My sister is going to take a few with her to a swapmeet and will see how they do.
Attachments
birdhouse gourds.jpg
birdhouse gourds.jpg (20.69 KiB) Viewed 9008 times
rug made from hubbys old work clothes
rug made from hubbys old work clothes
timken rug.jpg (30.91 KiB) Viewed 9008 times
Linda
I know I am past the point of no return but what a way to go.

My Hosta List
otnorot

Post by otnorot »

Well do with those gourds,great paint jobs.They should sell fast.
bill
Old but still learning
New Topic Post Reply