An Invitation to Quilters

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

janet

An Invitation to Quilters

Post by janet »

Hello all! It’s been quite a while since I’ve been to visit Hallson’s and the friends I made here. I’ve missed it! Due to circumstances beyond my control, I quilt more than I garden these days, though I’m hoping both of those pursuits can balance out more in the coming year. Spring is a long time coming in this part of the country!

I’ve spoken with Chris and gained his ‘okay’ to mention a new quilting message board to which I’d like to issue an open invitation. It’s called Quilter’s Corner. http://quilterscorner.forumotion.com/

We’re a private board, in that you have to register in order to read as well as post messages, but we welcome all who knock at the door. Because we are new (64 members, 5000 posts), we are ‘recruiting’ members so be sure to tell your quilting friends. I’m confident you’ll feel right at home, right away! We have quilters of all levels, eagerly sharing their knowledge, ideas, and support. We have lots of pictures, several swaps going on, sections on everything from art quilts to quilt history, and will even be starting a class in needleturn appliqué shortly. Come join us, make some great new friends, and maybe even get inspired to try something brand new!

My sincere thanks to Chris! Image
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Re: An Invitation to Quilters

Post by JaneG »

Hi Janet!!! I'll check out the link. I LOVE quilts and make special trips to quilt shows and buy quilting magazines, and even buy fabric that I think would be lovely in a quilt. But truth be told, I've only made three in my entire life, and one was a small baby quilt, another a lap quilt, and only one large one. But I dream one day of being able to do more! Their beauty and the skill of the makers always amazes me.

Off to check out the link......
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
janet

Re: An Invitation to Quilters

Post by janet »

Jane!! It's so good to see you again! :D Fabric buying for 'future projects' has become a chronic disease for me, I'm afraid. :lol: Thanks for coming to check us out. I go by the screen name nor'easter over there, so don't be confused if you can't find me. Hallson's is the only place "where everyone knows my name". :wink: I've missed you guys!
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
New Topic Post Reply