They just keep getting better - Incredible fragrance

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

shadylanejewel
USDA Zone: 8a

They just keep getting better - Incredible fragrance

Post by shadylanejewel »

My speciosum rubrum just keep increasing - Love this Lily!

The fragrance can be a little overwhelming on these hot days - but they're worth it. :D
Attachments
L speciosum rubrum 2004 08 20.jpg
Julie

"To Plant a Seed is a Noble Deed - Propagation is Conservation" Norman C. Deno, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Very pretty!! I've never seen that color. I have the common orange one and I've seen yellow. Love YOURS!
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

:o Purple ones like my Tiger Lillies!!! I LOVE the way they curl back like that!
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

I've got some !

Post by oldcoot »

Planted some last year. I sure hope mine look that pretty. Did I understand you to say they INCRESE or do you just plant more because they are so pretty. ??
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
shadylanejewel
USDA Zone: 8a

Post by shadylanejewel »

Hi OC,

They have been increasing on their own. They form bulbils along the stems which drop and eventually become blooming size bulbs. They also set seed which germinates quite easily and becomes even more blooming stems.

They are one of my absolute FAVORITES!
Julie

"To Plant a Seed is a Noble Deed - Propagation is Conservation" Norman C. Deno, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

You have made my day...

Post by oldcoot »

I'll be watching to see if I get any incease this year. They will be 2 years old.

That Funny & Friendly Old Coot named John, Saying "Come on Spring" in just 46 more days....
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply