Lily Question

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Lily Question

Post by pauhaus »

Hey there, I planted some lilium bulbs last fall for the first time to see how they would do. My question is this: shouldn't they have emerged already? I still have nothing and am worried that either I planted them too deep or some critters got to them in the fall. What do you think? Or am I just impatient? Are your lilies up yet in Michigan?? :P
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Paul,

It depends on the lilies and on their placement. If they are in a very sunny, southern exposure then some varieties might be showing. If it is a little cooler then you might not see any of them yet. So far we have yellow tiger lilies showing really good and our martagon lilies are up quite a bit. Nothing else yet. You will usually see the Asiatic lilies earlier than the Orientals.

So give it a little more time :)

Chris
pauhaus

Post by pauhaus »

Thanks, Chris. Will do. :P
Paul
My Hosta List

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Chris, save me some of THOSE

Post by oldcoot »

Will order these this fall or next spring which ever you suggest...

For Pauhaus. OC lives in getting really warm, S.C . and most of his yard Liliums are up nicely. Of course having bright sunny 90* weather helps. OC also grows a lot of Liliums on his deck in large pots so he can water them as they need it.The ones in the yard beds just have to take care of them selves...

Good luck, they may just need some REALL warm weather.

OC who Loves his Liliums Passionatley
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
pauhaus

Post by pauhaus »

Hi John, thanks for the post. Whew, they are all up and looking good. Hopefully they will have some nice blooms for me to take some pics and share with you. :P
Paul
My Hosta List

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Terrific .

Post by oldcoot »

Looking forward to seeing them....OC
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply