OC's 2012 Liliums

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

OC's 2012 Liliums

Post by oldcoot »

4-4- 2012  New Liliums.jpg
These are two Liliums I got from Chris last fall. Reall looking good. I had a nice bed coming up, but a violent hail storm Monday got thern all. They were up 6-8 inches. I have another stand in Union I am going to see next week and we'll see how they made out. Coot :eek: :eek: :eek:
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Re: OC's 2012 Liliums

Post by kHT »

Wow they are looking great. You are far ahead of us here this year.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Yeah....way a head of us here, too!! Thanks for sharing Coot!! :beer:
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

Nice big buds now. Should not be long, if you folks in the Northern Tundra will STOP sending all this cold weather down. Was 36 last night. RIDICICULOUS. Coot
Attachments
4-23-2012 Lilium Pods.jpg
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:beer:
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

HAL- 0506-32012 Tiny Padhe Lilium (2).jpg
Well here they are !! 2- Tiny Padhye Lilium blooms. Been waiing a long time, but sure worth the weight. When I get settled, I am going to get back into Photoshop, so I can do a little better with the images, but for right now - I'll take these. The center is actually a little more purple than reddish, :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: but when you use an instamatic - that all you get.......Coot
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

A further comment on this Lilium. It has a short stem about 18" and one of the sturdiest stems OC has ever seen. This would make an excellent "BORDER"Lilium and he plans to plant some more of this type this fall,in front of the taller ones he plans to plant. Should make a nice addition to any bed or border and he believes would make an excellent "POT" plant on your deck or patio.Flowers are LARGE so leave room between them Bloom is actually 6"'s or so across - Coot :beer: :beer: :beer: ds room.........
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Wow!!That is beautiful Coot!!! :beer:
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

All Pods opened with same beautiful blooms. OC cut it off and brought it inside to give to Joy for mothers day. WHAT a display all the blooms made..................Coot :D :D :D
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

Tango Passion-18 May HAL.jpg
ANd dthe second on bloom this morning "TANGO PASSION"
boops
USDA Zone: 6b

Post by boops »

Those are beautiful-I have Oriental Lilies just getting buds now but they sure did get tall.

Image :eek:
My Hosta List

Do one thing everyday that makes you happy
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Dear coot, you stole my heart the very first time you wrote you found the most beautiful lillies for Joy to arange so beautiful in the house

Just keep doing that and she will love you for ever.. or order someone to do it in your name :wink:

Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
boops
USDA Zone: 6b

Post by boops »

Postby oldcoot » 07 May 2012, 11:36
A further comment on this Lilium. It has a short stem about 18" and one of the sturdiest stems OC has ever seen. This would make an excellent "BORDER"Lilium and he plans to plant some more of this type this fall,in front of the taller ones he plans to plant. Should make a nice addition to any bed or border and he believes would make an excellent "POT" plant on your deck or patio.Flowers are LARGE so leave room between them Bloom is actually 6"'s or so across - Coot :beer: :beer: :beer:
Ohh I got one of those for Mothers Day from my Grand daughters it was so pretty and I love the nice short size-yours look beautiful. So glad I have them also.
My Hosta List

Do one thing everyday that makes you happy
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I miss The Old Coot!! At work we just got our Easter Lilies in....I always think of him......It was Joy's birthday the other day....she had e-mailed me seeing how "I" was.....I need to call her, but have lost the contact number....I had it, but......
New Topic Post Reply