Anemones

Use this forum to discuss full shade plants and shade gardening.

Moderators: Chris_W, Robyn

Doris_J

Anemones

Post by Doris_J »

I've got quite a few from the Anemone family blooming. Here's Anemone nemorosa with Pulmonaria (I think 'Reginald Kaye'--it's one from Kellie).

Also, Pulsatilla vulgaris is starting to bloom!
Attachments
anem3.JPG
pulsatilla.JPG
anemblue.JPG
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

They are PURTY.....

Post by oldcoot »

O.C. LOVES Anemonae's. Last year was the first time he planted any and they came in an ASSORTMENT of early bloomers. They did really well. This year he found somed in a pot. Doesn't remember planting them, but they sure are healthy. (He's posted a picture of them in his Shade bed topic)

Real purty, thanks for showing them to us....

That FUNNY and VERY FRIENDLY Old Coot saying, he SURE is glad Spring is finally here....
Attachments
Anemnae in holyhock bed.jpg
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

I love anemones, they are our native wild spring flower. the most common here is the white one, but we do have the with a rosa touch and yellow too... the one you posted is native to Bulgaria, and very seldon here...we do have blue anemones in cultutre but they have very diffent leaves. -..rounded, thick structure and 3 leaved... those are beautiful... strange: I CAN NOT GET MY HANDS ON SOMEONE LIKE YOURS... THEY ARE RESTRICTED AS NATIVE AND NOT FOR SALE

If you look closely to my avatar... it is an anemone... but I think I need to find a better pic :wink:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
oldcoot

O.C. doesn't know

Post by oldcoot »

where he got them exactly, But he thinks they came in one of these mail-order SPRING BULB boxes on sales for $5.00. Had Glads, Baloon Flowers,and these Anemonae.Who could resist 50 bulbs at that price. I skipped on them his year (although I wanted some), because I want to redo that bed when it finally gets warm enought for over two days at the time and quits raining...O.C. is sure glad he raised those beds last year because right now he could plant water lilieds in the space between between them. The grass he planted between them last last fall is doing great.Been towet to get in there and cut it. But that''s alright, in another month it will beboned dry and hard as a rock .

That FUNNY & VERY FRIENDLY Old Coot saying he is SO GLAD that Spring is finally here.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
insam

Post by insam »

I am quite fond of the woodland anemones. Unfortunately the squirrels are equally as fond. :cry: But they always survive and are as charming as ever.
oldcoot

So far the Squirrels

Post by oldcoot »

Have left O.C.'s alone. Moved some fom the front yard to the back yard yesterday. He'll soon find out. Hope to plant a BED of theem this fall.

That FUNNY and VERY Friendly Old Coot named John, Saying he sure is enjoying this Spring weather !!!
New Topic Post Reply