Mouse Butts!

Use this forum to discuss full shade plants and shade gardening.

Moderators: Chris_W, Robyn

Doris_J

Mouse Butts!

Post by Doris_J »

Here are Arisarum probiscidium (sp?), affectionately known as Mouse Butts. Look how long those tails are!
Attachments
arisarum.JPG
arisarum1.JPG
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

:lol: What a name! They are really :cool:. I love anything out of the ordinary. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

O.C. asks a question.............

Post by oldcoot »

Doris or anyone. O.C. want to really upgrade his shade bed for next spring with some EARLY bloomers. He is planting some Huecherra and some Cyclmen for the fall and spring already. How about a recommendation for him ????

Should he plant this spring or can he wait until it cools down and we usually get rain, in August. That is still 8-10 weeks before frost. He is afraid if he plants them now, he's gonna try the Heucherra anyway, They will burn up in the summer heat. They will be in rather good shade during the summer though.

What do You say for him to plant , Shade Gardners ??

That FUNNY & VERY FRIENDLY Old Coot, named John, saying he is SO GLAD that Spring is finally here.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

COOL PLANT!! I've never seen that one before. I'll have to do some research on it cause I'd love to have that in my ravine! :)
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Mine has taken off this year... I had a little start from someone several years ago, and now it's doing great. And yes, those little Mouse Butts are always a good conversation starter, right up there with my arisaemas and dracunculus LOL!!!

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Those are cute as heck Doris!! I love that name, too!! I can just hear me.....*And these are mouse butts* :lol: :lol:

Thanks!!!
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Omgoodness! Those are too funny! Pretty colors, but strange! Where do these plants come from? Way different! I like that too!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Robyn

Post by Robyn »

I have been wanting this plant for a couple years and finally found one a few weeks ago. Have a missed the blossoms?
Robyn - Zone 7b
New Topic Post Reply