Awesome Arisaemas :)

Use this forum to discuss full shade plants and shade gardening.

Moderators: Chris_W, Robyn

doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Awesome Arisaemas :)

Post by doublemom2 »

These photos are from a couple of days ago. LOVE these plants!!!! I'm waiting very impatiently for all of the ones that I started from seed last year to come back up. A few are just poking out of their pots, so hopefully most of my seedlings will come back.

Andi
Attachments
Wonderful... Just WONDERFUL!
Wonderful... Just WONDERFUL!
Hmmmm... This is gorgeous when in bloom and leafed out, but I couldn't resist a photo of it in this state LOL!
Hmmmm... This is gorgeous when in bloom and leafed out, but I couldn't resist a photo of it in this state LOL!
Arisaema urashima 040805.jpg
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Those are just too cool!! Thanks!!
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:o WOW! I thought my plain old J-I-P and my Green Dragon were cool. Nothing compaired to those beauties. :wink:
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

I have several more that are barely starting to come up, all new to me this year, so I'll be posting more as they wake up :)

Andi
Andi
Relayer56

Post by Relayer56 »

WOW! I like a lot!

I was considering some arisaema I saw at the local nursery. They were nice. Can't remember the name, but they were nothing like as impressive as those in your pics. I need some like yours. Really really beautiful!

Ken
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Wonderful!

If you don't already have it, you MUST get Fargessii. I got mine from Naylor and for me (and whoever sees it), has the biggest 'wow factor' of all of them.
~ Lisa ~ Image
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

A. fargesii is one that I don't have, believe it or not. I'll have to get one from Naylor Creek next time I go out there.
Andi
Andi
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Post by Tigger »

Used to have an a. sikokianum... great plant. Lost it in the drought, I guess, or the acer japonicum strangled it.

Saw some at a local nursery on Sunday. Nice plants, but $50 each! :eek:

Still waiting for my green dragon to reappear in the woods. It always makes me nervous.
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

Sos... $50 for an arisaema is a but much!!! I think the most I've paid for some of the rarer ones is about $20. One that I bought this February didn't make it, and I have A. serratum that looks like the bottom of the bulb has been chewed off, not sure if that one's going to make it either. The rest are all doing wonderfully. I'll take most photos to post today.

Out of the 60+ A. consanguineum seeds I planted, at least 25-30 have come back and are doing really well. It's neat to see them coming back, I wasn't sure they would.

Andi
Andi
PNWJudy
Location: Puget Sound multi-microclimates, in the "other"Washington

consanguineum seed

Post by PNWJudy »

Andi
glad to see your seed are making it, mine ssikkonianum are back up but hte consanguineum haven't showedyet.

forgive the tping, had trigger finger injections yesterday
Judy and Frank

So many species, so little time......
New Topic Post Reply