'Band of Gold' Streaked Plant / Seed

Want to share and learn about Hosta hybridizing and seed starting and growing? Then this is the place. Also check out our annual seed exchange held in late fall and winter.

Moderator: redcrx

Marlys
USDA Zone: 5B

'Band of Gold' Streaked Plant / Seed

Post by Marlys »

I am just beginning to sow my hosta seeds. I am always so far behind everyone else.

Today I planted seed from my H 'Band of Gold' that is a beautiful streaked plant. I bought the plant as a tiny tc plant a few years ago. My daughter bought one at the same time. Both plants are beautifully streaked. I saved lots of seeds from mine this fall.

I have 9 packets of seeds to donate to the Hallson Forum Fund. The pkts have over a heaping tsp full of seeds - way more than you'll ever need. :lol:

I hope this is where I am suppose to post this offering.

MM
Marvelous
Marlys
http://www.marlysgardens.com
Attachments
Band of Gold Streak 2.jpg
Last edited by Marlys on Feb 14, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eastwood2007

Re: 'Band of Gold' Streaked Plant / Seed

Post by eastwood2007 »

Hi, Marlys!

Thank you for offering these wonderful seeds...do you want us to bid? Or, how do you want us to donate? I'm in!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Marlys

Post by Marlys »

Charla,

I will send you a pkt of seeds in exchange for your donation / contribution directly to Chirs / Hallson Hosta Forum. The amount you give is up to you.

I so appreciate the forum & all of Chirs' work / time / energy he puts into it, I try to donate seeds every year to support our forum & thank Chris. I'm just always way behind everyone else.

PM me your mailing info & I will send the seeds off to you at my earliest opportunity.

Thanx!
MM
R. Rock
USDA Zone: 3-4

Post by R. Rock »

HelloMarlys,
I value you're helping out & donation- count me in. I am new to all of this, maybe you will contact for address & such. Thanks & I am happy for you're find.
Be part of the solution
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Welcome to the forums, Nut House. If you look over on the right of the screen where your name and profile is located, you'll see a little icon with a piece of paper and a pen on it. Look at Marlys' post, click on that icon on her post, and a window will open for you to send her a private mail with your information.
Dear Marvelous Marlys....I have all of my seed planting space full to overflowing. I, too have some seeds that I wanted to donate. I just got all of mine planted, so I would know what was left. I was wondering if it was too late to post a donation.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Marlys

Post by Marlys »

"I have all of my seed planting space full to overflowing. I, too have some seeds that I wanted to donate. I just got all of mine planted, so I would know what was left. I was wondering if it was too late to post a donation." by Linda P

Linda Dear, Is it ever too late to do something fun or good :?: LOL!!!

I think I will send you some hosta seeds cause I know you wouldn't be able to 'not plant' them. And with your wonderful soil unlike my hard clay crap, they would probably all grow into the BEST hostas ever :!:

You are such a doll! :D

I have absolutely NO more room in my gardens for plants or sdlgs. I am begging Ron to build me another shade house on our only spot of grass (almost) left in the yard. I only have 1/3 acre & Ron hogs up a large part of that with his ponds & grasses & he keeps planting trees. One of these days (Alice) there will be nothing but trees here. I am begging him to cut down a couple & NOT plant any more. My pleas fall on deaf (man)-ears!

Last spring / summer I donated most of my sdlgs to my local garden club's plant sales. Do you think I can deduct that from my income tax return with a total of like $4,000.00. I was witness to someone paying that for a division of H 'Bashful Polly' @ an AHS National Convention Auction. It was so exciting!!! Wish I had money to play with like that.

Watch your mailbox, girl friend. Remeber when the mail man put your box of plants inside your car for you; but didn't tell you?

MM
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Marlys, you are scaring me!!! You are right, you know...I would plant them!!! I rearranged the trays yesterday and I have one spot about a foot square that's open. :???:
Yes, I remember that hostas in the car episode, but I hadn't thought of it in a long time. Thankfully, they all made it.
That should have been added to the list of our 'I live in fear' moments, but at least it had a happy ending.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
toymr2mk2

Post by toymr2mk2 »

Hey Marlys if you have any left I would like a packet. BOG is a favorite of mine. I tried some seeds I bought late last year and they were all greenies. I would love to try it again!
Marlys

Post by Marlys »

toymr2mk2

Yes, there are 5 pkts of seeds left.
I will send one of to you this week.
Please send a donation to Chris @ Hallson Gardens in exchange.
PM me your mailing information.

My BOG is really growing into a 'marvelous' plant. I'm liking it & the fact that it is streaked is really a PLUS :!:

Greenie sdlgs are a fact of life :!: Some are really nice. I like GREEN :!: GREEN is GOOD :!: It's the signature color of Mother Nature.

Linda,

I planted more seed yesterday & had to rearrange all my trays / plants to accomodate the new trays/ especially to keep them warm from the bottom up.

I'm so excited I have "Galaxy' seeds that have actually germinated. Yippee :!: :!: Do you want me to send you some of those seeds too :?: Save your last little space. :eek:

I hope to list my other 'left-over' seeds on the seed forum soon. I worked a long 12 hour shift today so hosta seeds have to wait. :(

MM
R. Rock
USDA Zone: 3-4

Post by R. Rock »

Marlys,
Quite a "PACKAGE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: You,re hosta do seem to be quite fertile.
Later, Rick
Be part of the solution
Marlys

Post by Marlys »

Only 4 pkts of Band of Gold / streaked remain. :arrow:
Please adopt :idea:
Don't make me plant them all :wink:

MM
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Hi, Marlys -

Got mine Friday and they are planted....

Thanks again...so very much! :D
Charla
Marlys

Post by Marlys »

Charla,

I apologize for the delay in your seeds getting to you. In my haste to get them in the mail the first time I forgot to put a stamp on the envelope. Within a few days, they came right back to me. So had to put them in a new envelope & re-send them. :oops:

Glad they're safely planted now. :D
Hope they all come up streaked!!!

MM
Marvelous Marlys
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

:lol:

No problem, Marlys! I didn't have any time to plant them till that following Saturday, anyway!

Thanks again...and I hope they are all streaked, too! :wink: :D
Charla
Marlys

Post by Marlys »

All seeds- H 'Band of Gold' streaked / GONE!!!

MM
New Topic Post Reply