Hosta Seed Exchange 2009

Want to share and learn about Hosta hybridizing and seed starting and growing? Then this is the place. Also check out our annual seed exchange held in late fall and winter.

Moderator: redcrx

Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Hosta Seed Exchange 2009

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Everyone!

It is that time of year again for the hosta seed exchange. This is a small fundraiser that we hold each year to help us out with our time and expenses for the forums, plus it is a great chance to get some hosta seeds to grow over the winter :D

For those of you who are new to this, people can post their list of seeds being offered here on the seed forum. List the seeds you have to offer, and about how many packages you think you have. People normally put about a teaspoon of seed in a package, sometimes more, sometimes less. The best packages to use are the little small, open end coin envelopes. Once you post your list, people then send you a private message listing which seeds they would like and give your address. The person donating the seeds will mail them to you, then it is up to you to mail a donation to us. Checks can be made to Hallson Gardens and sent to:

Hallson Gardens
PO Box 220
Brooklyn, MI 49230

Donations are up to you, though some people will ask for a minimum amount. Donations of $1 to $3 per package are common, $10, or $20 overall are reasonable, but the amount is up to you - we just ask that you do make some kind of donation for the effort.

Due to the high cost of processing credit cards and debit cards we ask that this option only be used for donations of at least $10.00 (key entered debit cards cost us about $1.00 in banking fees in addition to processing charges), however you can make donations by credit card here: http://www.perennialnursery.com/catalog ... ation.html

Once the seeds have been requested the person who posted the list should update the new quantity available. Some people donating seeds will ask me to confirm receipt of donation prior to sending the seeds.

Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for your support :D

Sincerely yours,

Chris
Chris_W
Administrator

Re: Hosta Seed Exchange 2009

Post by Chris_W »

Phyllis has posted her list of seed donations here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=52409

Thank you Phyllis! :D

Chris
Chris_W
Administrator

Post by Chris_W »

My list is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=52440
steg
USDA Zone: 5

Post by steg »

posted here........... viewtopic.php?f=60&t=52556
To the world you may be one, but to one you may be the world.

My List: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48366&p=425413#p425413
New Topic Post Reply