Seedling Pic For Fun

Want to share and learn about Hosta hybridizing and seed starting and growing? Then this is the place. Also check out our annual seed exchange held in late fall and winter.

Moderator: redcrx

steg
USDA Zone: 5

Seedling Pic For Fun

Post by steg »

Here are few pics of one of the seedlings I have growing in the basement. Open pollinated William Lachman.

Both pictures of the same little hosta. There are a few other interesting ones that came out too. So far I like this one the best, but only time will tell. I probably started this 6-7 weeks ago.

The good news is that these seedlings are helping me deal with a ridiculous winter. :lol:
Attachments
DSC_0001_small.JPG
DSC_0002_small.JPG
To the world you may be one, but to one you may be the world.

My List: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48366&p=425413#p425413
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Re: Seedling Pic For Fun

Post by pauhaus »

Wow, what a great looking little seedling! Good growing there. What others are you growing Steg? Good luck with them, it's such a great winter pastime isn't it?
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
steg
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Seedling Pic For Fun

Post by steg »

Thanks.....I didn't have a whole lot to do with it, but now the pressure is on I guess. Just a fun hobby.

I didn't have as much luck with many of the others. I tried to keep the soil a little warmer this year since the basement was pretty cool. I should have left things alone as I think I cooked some. Still a little upset about that but live and learn. I do have a couple Galaxy seedlings - small right now and not showing anything special. Then a couple Celestial Lightening.

The most seedlings I have are from either William Lachman (10-15 to watch) and then a ton of Diva. My daughter picked the seeds from Diva and wanted to grow them - should I be worried??? :o All green, but nice leaf shapes. They are special in the fact that they are ones picked and planted by my daughter - she'll be 4 this summer.
To the world you may be one, but to one you may be the world.

My List: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48366&p=425413#p425413
New Topic Post Reply