Seedlings coming up like gangbusters!

Want to share and learn about Hosta hybridizing and seed starting and growing? Then this is the place. Also check out our annual seed exchange held in late fall and winter.

Moderator: redcrx

GrannyNanny

Seedlings coming up like gangbusters!

Post by GrannyNanny »

I have twelve square 12-packs of seeds planted downstairs under my lights, and every one of them is showing green leaves above the soil! Last year was a total bust -- NO seedlings of any sort, and the folks I sent seeds to didn't get any either. Thought I was losing my touch, but there they are, as proof that I can still get the darn things to grow. Lots of fun in the greenbasement from now on! Phyllis
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Re: Seedlings coming up like gangbusters!

Post by pauhaus »

Now that's exciting! Congrats Phyllis. You'll have to post pics when they get big enough. :beer:
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
GrannyNanny

Post by GrannyNanny »

I'll post pics for sure when the seedlings are big enough for it to make a difference. Right now they're just a lot of little blades,some with variegation and some not. Quite a few are seedlings from hostas that I registered this past summer, so I'm enjoying seeing what kind of progeny they produce. Even if I don't get many keepers, it's such fun playing in the dirt when the weather is so crummy outside! Phyllis
Greg

Post by Greg »

Glad to hear your seedling are popping !! I have not grown seeds for a couple years :???: .May need to dig some seed from the freezer and see if they grow :eek: ..Keep them healthy and happy growing !!

Greg
New Topic Post Reply