I have Seedlings!

Want to share and learn about Hosta hybridizing and seed starting and growing? Then this is the place. Also check out our annual seed exchange held in late fall and winter.

Moderator: redcrx

GrannyNanny

I have Seedlings!

Post by GrannyNanny »

Hi "Seedy friends" -- I sowed seeds from "Christmas Tree Gala", "Summer Joy" and my own streaked "Oh My!" about three weeks ago, and they are coming up like gangbusters. Lots of plain green, of course, but some interesting streakies as well, and one that looks as if it will be gold when it gets a bit bigger. I have limited room to grow them on in the garden, so I'm going to have to be VERY picky about what I keep; it'll be just enough to entertain me through the winter. I also sowed seeds I gathered from various other perennials, to try to grow a lot of deer-resistant plants. I just did one pot of seeds of each one for now, just to see if they WILL germinate. The rest I'll sow in January so I get big enough plants to put outside by June. I am having a lot of fun, after not having grown much last winter due to our incipient move to the new house. I just NEED to get my fingers into the dirt when there's snow outside! Phyllis