newly planted seeds

Want to share and learn about Hosta hybridizing and seed starting and growing? Then this is the place. Also check out our annual seed exchange held in late fall and winter.

Moderator: redcrx

ShortShadows
USDA Zone: 3B

newly planted seeds

Post by ShortShadows »

With spring not to far away I decided to plant my seeds from last year.
Into the pots went Champion, Eye Declare, Sugar and Spice and Aomori Setting Sun seeds. Wish me luck!
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: newly planted seeds

Post by Chris_W »

Good luck with them! :) I'm thinking about planting my seeds outdoors now, since it has been so incredibly warm out, and then let them come up on their own in the garden.
kaylyred
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by kaylyred »

Have fun!

I have seeds from 'Ice Age Trail,' 'Fickle Blue Genes,' 'Dorothy Benedict' and 'Labyrinth' started as of last week, and a couple of 'Ice Age Trail' seedlings that were started about 5 weeks ago (both seem to be chartreuse right now, but they have decent substance.)
~ Karen

Check out Petiole Junction, my gardening blog!
See my little hosta list
I've also got a garden photo gallery.
ShortShadows
USDA Zone: 3B

Post by ShortShadows »

Keep us posted! :D
morgansrgr8
USDA Zone: 5

Post by morgansrgr8 »

I tossed my seeds into the garden and then we had a heatwave in the 90's. So much for those seeds. I havent seen a single sprout. Now other parts of my garden have some volunteers coming up. One is varigated. I dont remember my spilt milk setting seed last year and the seedling is under Linda Sue. Its so hard not to move it to soon. Only 2 leaves so far and I want to wait till it has better roots so it has a better chance to cope with this crazy weather. Here's a pic of my surprise baby.
Attachments
my baby.jpg
Linda
I know I am past the point of no return but what a way to go.

My Hosta List
ViolaAnn
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by ViolaAnn »

I've always had better luck starting them indoors and moving them out. But, of course, there are always those ones that nature sows for me.
Ann
Pictures of Ann's Hostas:
http://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Host ... 361_qL3gHS (SmugMug gallery now updated for 2016)
New Topic Post Reply