Third Year Bliss

Each member may create their own topic to this forum where they can then post plant lists, personal information pages, and/or photographs to share with other members. Please limit your entry to one topic per member. No selling allowed.
Muddy fingernails

Third Year Bliss

Post by Muddy fingernails »

This year, I am reaping the many rewards that come from selecting and planting excellent plants in the right spot in my garden. Just in time, too, because my various aches and pains have increased in number and magnitude. I have only planted nine new hostas this year (so far) but my list is now up to 89. Whoever told me to fling about alfalfa pellets, thank you. I believe that those have made a difference in root development.
I am also happy to report that every container-grown hosta is well and flourishing after having spent the winter and unusually cold spring under a 6 inch layer of maple leaves. The tiny species are all well and struggling a bit to assert their place in the light . I may have to do some strategic removal of large leaves of neighboring plants to encourage the little ones.
I have started to take pictures of my beds and will assemble an album somewhere online.
Oh, yes, I now have a bench and an umbrella to rest up in. happy days!

Antje is muddy fingernails
Look for me in the garden.