My Page: PAPOU

Each member may create their own topic to this forum where they can then post plant lists, personal information pages, and/or photographs to share with other members. Please limit your entry to one topic per member. No selling allowed.
Papou

My Page: PAPOU

Post by Papou »

I live in Canada on a one-acre parcel of land along the Ottawa River between Ottawa, Ontario and Montreal, Quebec. After erecting my new house in 1985, I had just retired, and I began construction of various garden beds using mostly conifers and flowering shrubs and ornemental trees. Never paid too much attention to a few Albo Marginatas at that time. In 2001 DW came home with 4 new hostas and once these grew bigger, I got hooked. My 32 hostas in 2002 increased to 101 species in 2003. As I turned 70 years old last year, I decided to "go for broke" with the addition of 225 hostas. As of now (Feb.1, 2005) I have 278 different named hostas and a total of 545 hostas in our yard. I work all the time with Therese, my faithful companion whom I've known and cherished for over half a century. We both work hard physically and would prefer to die "used up" rather than "rusted out".
Papou