plantswoman`s border, Basel/ Switzerland

Each member may create their own topic to this forum where they can then post plant lists, personal information pages, and/or photographs to share with other members. Please limit your entry to one topic per member. No selling allowed.
plantswoman
USDA Zone: 7

plantswoman`s border, Basel/ Switzerland

Post by plantswoman »

Hi there,
I got hooked on Hostas around 2008, after I could design a border at our new place in Basel/ Switzerland fall 2007, before it was all window boxes. The border has some hours of sunlight and is semi-shady, with rich loamy soil, lots of earth worms. The planting consists mainly of Ferns, Anemone jap-Hybrids, Hostas and ground cover like Omphalodes verna, Viola sororia, Heucherella, some very early Primula, and recently Ajuga reptans in 3 cultivars. I am editing the border for the third fall in a row, but now I think/ hope, I am getting there. I will add some new bulbs this fall as well.

I believe in choosing plant species according to site conditions and aim for a low-maintenace-border by smart choice and combination of different plants. It is not big, about 320 sq feet/ 30 qm, but it is so much fun.

Trained as a landscape contractor, studied landscape architecture, love to play around with annuals, like perennials and am interested in all aspects of horticulture and garden design.

The border from above, September 2010, editing still in progress

annual rainfall 750-900 ml, frost zone about 7 (Viburnum tinus, Camelias, evergreen Clematis armandii doing well)

thy
USDA Zone: 7

Re: plantswoman`s border, Basel/ Switzerland

Post by thy »

Welcome to the forums :D

You have a little piece of Heaven and I'm sure you enjoy it.

Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
New Topic Post Reply