Twilight with HVX?

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

eastwood2007

Twilight with HVX?

Post by eastwood2007 »

Hi, all...

I've had this Twilight for 3 years, now. It has always been in this pot.

This spring I had alot of deformity in leaves on the hostas I brought in to the greenhouse to finish out the winter....mis-shapen leaves, drawstringing, strange colorations.

I'm a little nervous about this one though, especially since it is scheduled to go to DD's wedding next weekend and could get jostled with the other hostas.

This is only on one eye, there are two other leaves that have a little of this along with mis-shapen leaves and some damage. Two more new leaves coming from the same eye don't show anything unusual.

What do you think?

The leaf pic'd above is the half one in the lower right corner...

Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Kas

Post by Kas »

I think I would toss it pot and all!

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

I would pitch it too. There is some lighter bleeding showing along the veins elsewhere. HVX will show symptoms more during cool weather, and if it has been warming up the newer leaves will fight the infection more, but still be infected.

This family of plants can take a few years to really show symptoms, but lots of them are infected :(
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Was hoping for better news....thanks for your input Chris and Kas... :(
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
New Topic Post Reply