new bie help

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

wbara
USDA Zone: 5

new bie help

Post by wbara »

what is causing my hostas 2 look like they r drying up. i water daily , i put mulched leaves on in the fall. they get morning sun. i fertilize every 2 weeks. my other hostas r doing fine that get morning sun and filtered sun all day are fine and so r the ones that r shaded all day .help thank u
newtohosta-no more

Re: new bie help

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Do you know the names of those two hostas? There are some that generally start to look crappy mid season. Frances Williams can be one of those.
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

There have been several people who have experienced similar things, including me. Some areas were very much cooler than normal and for longer than normal, then suddenly got very hot. That's what I think happened to mine...

Do you have photos?

Welcome to the forum, BTW!!!! Have fun! :D
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

It is also possible that your hostas are getting too much water, or even too much fertilizer. The soil surface should dry out between each time you water, and it is always better to water very deeply a couple times a week than every day. I only fertilize at most a couple times a year, once in the spring for sure.
New Topic Post Reply