Jade Cascade infected with HVX ??????

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

Rosenzobel

Jade Cascade infected with HVX ??????

Post by Rosenzobel »

What do you think? I´ve got this Hosta for 2 years now- no signs last year. This year it came up and the first leave became some days of frost and rainy wheater- the leave rolled off and looks this way:

and here is the backside of this leave:

what do you think?????????? HVX??? Or just frost or something else?
greetz melanie
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Jade Cascade infected with HVX ??????

Post by Chris_W »

Those snowflake-like patterns are definitely from frost. The light color on the veins might be too. I wouldn't worry about it now, just watch the next set of leaves. They will be fine :)

Chris
Rosenzobel

Post by Rosenzobel »

Thank U!!!!!! Look at photo 4- have you seen this at one vein? That is whati worries me the most. All other new upcoming leaves look totally normal- so i hope that you are right and it was just frost- it even is very cold this spring here- to cold even now.
mel
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Yes, I saw those light spots on the veins but I think that is just where some frost settled. Without the other frost damage it would be a concern, but I think this one is okay :)

Chris
Rosenzobel

Post by Rosenzobel »

TX a lot!!!!!!!!!!! I have this one from jan - he is the onbly one i trust and we had some bad frostnights after the first leave came up. My fragrant dream looks totally bad..;-((( it also became frost- and the leaves where totally damaged- fragrant dream seems to be not very cold resistance?!
greets
mel
New Topic Post Reply