Does this hosta look okay?

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

jessica
USDA Zone: 5b

Does this hosta look okay?

Post by jessica »

I got this hosta "Touch of Class" about a week ago from here. I don't have any other hostas that it could of made contact with. One of its leaves looks a little odd, so I would just like to make sure it isn't a virus. I think that the blue wax might be melting off a little, even though it has mostly shade.

The leaf that looks a little odd

Newest leaf
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Does this hosta look okay?

Post by Chris_W »

Hi,

I don't see anything wrong with it. The newest leaf might be a little distorted, but that can happen if the plant dried out a little too much, possibly in shipping. Since you haven't had any rain just make sure you water it deeply a few times a week. The wax can come off from 1) rain, 2) watering, 3) sun, 4) heat. Also, we wash the plants after we dig them, so we might have washed some off.

It's good to see that it is putting up new growth, and I'm sure it will be fine.

Hope that helps to ease your mind.

Chris
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Re: Does this hosta look okay?

Post by thy »

Looks fine and healthy.
The wax easily disapear if you have it in a bit more sun than it is used to have... it just have to know its new location, then it will adjust :wink:

Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
New Topic Post Reply