Guardian Angel infected?

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

Tracybe21
USDA Zone: 4

Guardian Angel infected?

Post by Tracybe21 »

Hi,

I just bought this guardian angel from a well known nursery. I emailed them and asked them about this leaf and they informed me that they only buy from disease free growers. Maybe this is just a characteristic of GA?

Please let me know what you think
Tracy
Attachments
IMG_2861.JPG
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Guardian Angel infected?

Post by Chris_W »

Hi,

Guardian Angel can have a lot of different looks and I think this is just a random streak down the center. It doesn't look like it is virus infected, so I wouldn't worry about what you are seeing.

My main concern is with a nursery that thinks it is safe by buying from so called "disease free" growers. We have still received virus infected plants from growers who declare and sometimes insist they are disease free, so we quarantine everything for the first season, watch things closely, wash hands and tools constantly, and we have test kits on hand if I have any doubts.

I think this one will be fine. Remember to wash your hands or gloves and tools after working in the garden to prevent spreading anything, just in case, and don't worry too much - enjoy your hostas too :)

Welcome to the forums!

Chris
New Topic Post Reply