HVX infested plants?

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

sumkee
USDA Zone: 6a

HVX infested plants?

Post by sumkee »

Hello,

I am very new to the forum, and I have been learning a lot already from here. :D

New hosta owner/gardener here. We just moved from an apartment to a house a little more than a year ago. We have no prior experience in gardening, but quickly got very interested in hostas since last summer. Hostas I have have been from three sources: from the previous home owner, Costco bulbs, and Home depot. The crucial part/problem is that I didn't know about the HVX before planting, cutting, moving and combining these hostas just last week (just heard of this yesterday when I was trying to solve the slug problem). I have attached a few images of the plants that I have right now, any help identifying if they are diseased would be very helpful.

More info:
I splitted 1 hosta from the previous owner to 3 plants.

plant01-previous owner
plant01-previous owner
Attachments
plant02-previous owner
plant02-previous owner
plant03-previoius owner
plant03-previoius owner
Last edited by sumkee on Jul 09, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Infested plants?

Post by Chris_W »

Hello,

I don't see any symptoms of HVX here. Some sunburn/heat damage in the first picture, nothing else that I can see. Did you suspect you are seeing something?
sumkee
USDA Zone: 6a

Re: Infested plants?

Post by sumkee »

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. It's been very hot without rain in NJ for more than a week until today. I was concerned about the wrinkly appearance on a few leaves, thinking it may be something to do with the tissues.

Here are the rest of my plants. I hope they are all okay. I am learning to be careful picking the hostas.

Thanks!
Attachments
plant04.jpg
plant05.jpg
plant06.jpg
New Topic Post Reply