how 'bout a few more helles? :)

A forum to discuss and share pictures of Helleborus plants.
New Topic Post Reply
insam

how 'bout a few more helles? :)

Post by insam »

Well, I'm not tying to totally make it a hellebore forum, but it IS hellebore season! :roll:

KellieD

Post by KellieD »

Okay, its official. I am lusting!! Its a tossup whether it is for the hellebores or the leaf mulch. Both, please!! :D
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Gorgeous! And if you can make KellieD lust after something, you're doing an amazing job! (right Kellie?)

Your hellebores are gorgeous, must print out pictures of them and taken them outside to show my hellies, so they know what they need to hurry up and grow into :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
insam

Post by insam »

ok, you twisted my arm. here's another. one of my favorites actually. though not a closeup, the apricot in the background has great bicolor on the outside and nice clear apricot on the inside with some markings at the base. The cool thing is the interior turn yellow as the flowers age!
KellieD, around these helles are maybe several thousand acres of hardwoods, so leaves are no problem! :wink: Just make sure you watch out for the shotguns! :eek: Really, I hear guns out there sometimes, and it's only 15 miles from downtown and in the same county! So if you don't hear from me for a while, you know what happened to me. Then, come running with a shovel.... but make sure it's not deer season. :???:

Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

I like them all, but that apricot one is stunning! Where did you say you live? (Psst, Kellie! Got your shovel?)
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

:o Wow, that apricol color is amazing. All of them are very beautiful!

I am anxiously awaiting the six or so inches of snow to melt so I can check out my beautiful helle I got from hallson's last fall. This is my first year growing hellebores and I really don't know what to expect. I hope I don't kill the poor thing. I know before we got hit with the last batch of snow that the leaves weren't looking very good. I take it this is normal for such harsh conditions? Just wondering.
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

Last years leaves look really crappy this time of year. Hellebores are extremely cold tolerant, so I'd say you are fine! :D
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Whew! Thanks Kellie!
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
New Topic Post Reply