Hellebores are looking good!

A forum to discuss and share pictures of Helleborus plants.
Dee
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Dee »

insam, please DO post photos when you get back...of hellebores and anything else fun that you see. a plant expedition...how fun! great pics of the hellebores, ladies. every year i look forward to your hellebore pics, in part because i can't grow the ones that you do - and in part because it means the ones i can grow are only a month or so away from blooming. woohoo! :lol:
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

More of Kellie's babies are in bloom
Attachments
kellhell13.JPG
kellhell12.JPG
kellhell11.JPG
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

More
Attachments
kellhell15.JPG
kellhell18.JPG
insam

Post by insam »

More nice photos Doris. What kind of cyclamen is that? It has been wet there it seems but the plants seem happy!

Dee I will certainly post some photos. It will be fun, but a good deal of time I'll be counting particular flower structures in each population to determine ratios in 'the name of science'. :???: Not quite as romantic as leisurely browsing but there will be times for simply enjoying the beauty and wonder as well. There are some wonderful patterns, colors, and forms in the species and some very striking foliage as well.
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

insam - It looks like Cyclamen coum, but I'll let Doris tell you for sure. My C. coum is in full bloom right now, the C. hederifolium is already bloomed out, and Doris and I live near eachother, so I'm guessing ours bloom at the same time.

Doris... Wish i was closer so I could easily sneak over there and peek at all the hellebores!

keep the photos coming, please :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

That is a cyclamen coum that Doris is babysitting for me. Not a bad trade considering that I take back the parent plants and Doris and Andi get to keep any and all babies!! :wink:
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Ooooooh! I can't wait to see all of the epimedium babies this spring!!! I'm going to be having severe plant lust when they come into bloom LOL :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
insam

Post by insam »

Not a bad trade at all! :wink:

Joseph
New Topic Post Reply