metallic blue lady

A forum to discuss and share pictures of Helleborus plants.
New Topic Post Reply
lukelucy
USDA Zone: 7

metallic blue lady

Post by lukelucy »

I am getting ready to order this one and wondering if it is as striking a blue as is in the picutre. http://www.songsparrow.com/2011/plantde ... y%20Strain
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: metallic blue lady

Post by Chris_W »

Hello,

There are two things to take particular note of with this item: 1) There is this disclaimer: "Colors may vary due to differences in browsers, monitors, and hardware." So I downloaded a copy of the image to my computer to check it out and the color hasn't been manipulated too much, but the overall image was oversaturated. The greens are too green, the blue too blue... And then there is 2) The plants are being sold as Metallic Blue Lady STRAIN. That last word means that it is a seed grown batch, which there is nothing wrong with but just means there will be some variation from plant to plant, and it is no guarantee that they will all be just like the picture.

I've grown Blue Lady for several years and they are always more purple black than blue, but it sounds like this one has a little more blue. I like them as cut flowers in the house, but find the dark color doesn't show up enough from a distance in the garden so they have to be planted up close where you will see them.

Hope that helps a little.

Chris
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Re: metallic blue lady

Post by kHT »

I totally agree with Chris. So many times when one orders and they find out the that it's not what the photo
appears like, gardeners should see the item in person. Also soil types can make a huge difference in colors of blooms.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
New Topic Post Reply