Maureen!! Was looking for Heuchera!

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
Bluecanoe

Maureen!! Was looking for Heuchera!

Post by Bluecanoe »

Are you out there? I was over at the one place I know of that usually carries a lot of Heuchera and often very new varieties. They didn't have the ones you asked me about, but did have several that might be interesting. They had one that I had in my hands several times, I tried my biggest "cow eyes" on Frank, but he wasn't buying it...(litterally)...however they only had one left and by hook or by crook I'm heading back tomorrow to see if I can snap it up. It's called "Dolce Creme Brulee". I found a photo of it which is almost exactly like the one pot I spotted.

You were asking about 'peach', they didn't have Peach Flambe, or Peachy Keen, but did have "Dolce Peach Melba", lots of those, new shipment, about 2 or 3 full rows, and 1 plant left of "Marmalade".

Oh yes, they had LOTS of Lime Rickey, about 15 plants at least and the same for Amber Waves.
Attachments
Another shot of Peach Melba
Another shot of Peach Melba
Peach_Melba.jpg (26.11 KiB) Viewed 2887 times
Dolce Peach Melba
Dolce Peach Melba
Heuchera_PeachMelba.jpg (19.64 KiB) Viewed 2887 times
Creme Brulee
Creme Brulee
Heuchera_CremeBrulee.jpg (19.74 KiB) Viewed 2887 times
Lynda (The Roving Siamese cat toy)
PeggyB

Post by PeggyB »

OMG you lucky lady!!! I've looked everywhere for Creme Brulee with nothing but bad luck. :cry: I did fine Peach Melba though it's suffered a bit due to our drought. I'm keeping high hopes for it next year.
Maureen_Ottawa

Post by Maureen_Ottawa »

Those are definitely yummy, Lynda. Glad you were able to get out heuchera shopping. Still no luck this neck of the woods.

I see lots of Lime Rickey and Marmalade.
Maureen
Ottawa, Ontario
digs57

Post by digs57 »

Maureen, Nesbitt's on Eardley Rd. in Aylmer has lots of Peach Melba heucheras, I got one yesterday, very nice.
...greening up the Great White North!!!

Digs' hosta list
45° 22' N 75° 43' W, 114 metres (374 ') above sea level.
Zeddicus

Post by Zeddicus »

I was at Humber nursery today they had lots of everything mentioned above. Creme Brulee was 14.99 in a 5 inch pot. I got Strike it Rich, Bressingham and Crimson Curls.

Ron
Maureen_Ottawa

Heucheras

Post by Maureen_Ottawa »

Thanks, all. I managed to pick up a Peach Flambe this year.

And I picked up Champagne Bubbles which I've been wanting for years.

I have been unusually restrained in my plant shopping this year. Still thinking about Hollywood and a few others. I love the long blooming ones.
Maureen
Ottawa, Ontario
New Topic Post Reply