Green Spice

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
maidofshade

Green Spice

Post by maidofshade »

here is a pic of my Green Spice
New this year
Attachments
Green Spice
Green Spice
grd24906 011.jpg (33.14 KiB) Viewed 2283 times
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Very nice!! :P It looks fresh. I love the way the colors of heucheras intensify once the weather gets cooler.
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

My green spice really changes color with the seasons. It's one of the really common ones around here, but I love it for the bright burgundy it gets in cooler weather.

Andi
Attachments
Heuchera Green Spice 05404.jpg
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Both pics are really great looking! Amazing how it does change colors like that! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

I think this is the time of year that the heucheras really look great. The green spice was just a 4" pot and really took off.
It is a little over 20" across.
Cheyrl
oldcoot

OC has a question

Post by oldcoot »

:-? :-? :-? (Doesn't he always) Can you divide a Huecherra in the spring ? He has one getting pretty big, 3 years old now. or would he be better off trying to raise some new ones from seed. Saw seed the first time this year. (of course he didn't save any-dumb ole coot)

That OC................
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

I've divided Heucheras any time of year. But keep in mind I'm near Seattle, so we have pretty mild maritime weather and garden year-round here (including fending off the Godzilla-sized slugs all year!)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
oldcoot

OC has them too

Post by oldcoot »

:eek: :eek: :eek: Godzillia sized Slugs, OC puts out Escargo several a year. Can get it at Wally World or www. gardensalive.com.....

Thanks for the info. Believe I'll hold off util I see if our warmer weather returns. If we ever get any sunny weather again (guess you know all about rain, don't you) I tryto make a picture of mine.

This is the first year in a long time the leaves were not off the trees by now they were so dried they just fell off. This year they are just starting to change color.....

That Old Coot named John saying THANK YOU.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply