Pressing Heuchera foliage

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
bloomsaplenty

Pressing Heuchera foliage

Post by bloomsaplenty »

While experimenting with foliage and blooms to dry for potpourri and pressed flowers I pressed one leaf of 'Plum Pudding', 'CremeBrulee', 'Ginger Ale' and 'Palace Purple'. The leaves pressed beautifully and are holding their color well. Silver is now the dominant color on the dried 'Plum Pudding'. One would think I used a touch of spray paint on the leaf. I air dried one flowering stalk from each with good results. The 'Creme Brulee' leaves are eye-catching scattered over a big bowl of pinecones and sweet gum orbs.

My heucheras' are planted as a border for an east facing front bed edged with red patio blocks. They are seperated by angled sections of bronze ajuga. Behind this is a grouping of one nikko hydrangea and yews interplanted with impatients and alyssum. The bed is mulched with cedar shavings and gets full morning sun, partial sun till 2PM and deep shade for the remainder of light. All plants seem to be thriving.

My new favorite for foliage is 'Creme Brulee'. Heuchera is my first collection of one plant type. Will spend the winter looking for spots for a few new varieties. I know I want a dark green with deep red bells and a _______ and a_____. :lol:
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Sounds wonderful!! :P If you have any pics of your heuchera garden & the pressed leaves, please share them with us. I'd never thought of pressing heuchera leaves, but there are lots of :cool: things that could be done with them. :P
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
New Topic Post Reply