dug out some old heuchera seeds from Granny and... : )

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
Christie-SW-MO

dug out some old heuchera seeds from Granny and... : )

Post by Christie-SW-MO »

Had to clean out my freezer in January after our record breaking ice storm this winter and pulled out some heuchera seeds I got from Grannynanny from 2004. I didn't get any seedlings when I tried a few back then but thought what the heck and sowed them anyway. Now I have 200+ seedlings. They must've liked being in my freezer.

Phyllis - I hope you see this because I have been so excited about those seedlings! :D I've set and counted them a 20 times at least. I winter sowed them so they're getting a late start but I' m hoping I can get them through the summer if I pamper them a bit. I'm going to try planting them in a nursery bed on the east side of my house where they won't get any root competition and I can provide some extra shade and water easily when it gets hot this summer.

I may have had a list of possible parents at one time but if I did I lost it. I think Phyllis had a nice mix of fancy leafed ones. I keep checking on them several times a day but the leaves are still green. :lol: I'm anxious to see what they look like when they get some more leaves. Happy happy happy me.
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

That's pretty neat, Christie!! :cool: :P
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

:cool: They are slow growing at first but fun to see what you end up with!
New Topic Post Reply