Is anyone growing the following?

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Is anyone growing the following?

Post by caliloo »

I saw the following Heucheras at my local nursery and had picked them all up to purchase.... until I got to the checkout. Holy carp these are expensive!

Fandango
French Quarter
Paris

Here is a photo of French Quarter from Terranova

So does anyone have these beauties yet?
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Holy carp that one looks :cool: !! :wink: Really!! How expensive is expensive?? I'm not familiar with any of them, but have heard of Fandango.
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
caliloo

Post by caliloo »

French Quarter was $25, the others were $20 each. But I am talking for a single little plant that was just moved up to a gallon container. They were really really small.

I also noticed that French Quarter is going to be one that you want to have in your hands to buy - not all were as nicely varigated, some had almost no varigation at all, just sort of a bronzy leaf.

Alexa
- Henry D. Thoreau
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

That is pretty expensive. :o You could get at least 2 or 3 less pricey ones for that. I think I'd wait a year or 2 for the price to drop a bit. Unless you run across them somewhere else not as pricey. Would the nursery you're shopping at happen to be the one that hosted the BBQ last year for the convention??
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
caliloo

Post by caliloo »

Yep - that would be the nursery!

It is a blessing and a curse that I live 10 minutes from them. Sometimes if my mind wanders just a bit, I notice my truck drives up there all by itself! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alexa
- Henry D. Thoreau
Minnow
USDA Zone: 6
Location: Henderson County 35 19' 12.15" N 82 35' 40.40" W Elevation2143

Post by Minnow »

Isn't that French Quarter Fabulous? I have it coming & not for $25 either.! :o I will let you know how it does. Fandango is another one on my wish list :roll: , but for now I have way to much to plant to order anything else. :wink: :lol:
Elizabeth

No man needs a vacation as bad as the man who has just had one.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:o WOW!

Nope.....I have not seen it......
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

Yikes :eek: That would chop into the plant budget! It is a looker though.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Haven't seen that at my local nurseries,but then again I've only visited two so far. I did buy some Astilbes over the weekend ,as well a a Prairie Fire CrapApple tree.
That sounds a bit steep for me...$25.00!! :o I'd wait til the price came down, but it would certainly go on my wish list!
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Liselotte

Heuchera

Post by Liselotte »

Well, since I look at my baby seedlings out of seeds from Phyllis every day, I do not need to spend more money on Heuchera. :lol: there are several winners among them! My first try at seedlings and what a shock to find such variety 8-)
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

Liselotte--Got any pictures???
Brenda

Post by Brenda »

Ooooooo, (wipes drool off chin). I love that French Quarter! :o

I have Paris, just bought it a couple of weeks ago. Haven't planted it out yet so can't really say how it will do. The woman I bought it from (where I get alot of my heucheras from) did say it was one of her favorite new ones (of course she likes them all and it was because of her I left with 4 and not 2 :lol: ). And I didn't pay $25 for them either. I'd say that is a bit steep. I have seen guardian angel for $24.99, but that was at another nursery which is known for being overpriced.

Brenda
New Topic Post Reply