Melting Fire?

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
MollyD

Melting Fire?

Post by MollyD »

I was offered a trade of Amber Waves for Melting Fire. I can't find a picture of MF anywhere or get an idea of it's price. Does anyone know anything about it? I'm getting the impression it's an oldie.

MollyD
MollyD's Hosta list
Lat: 42.89N, Lon: 77.28W
Minnow
USDA Zone: 6
Location: Henderson County 35 19' 12.15" N 82 35' 40.40" W Elevation2143

Post by Minnow »

That is a new one to me, maybe someone has named a new sport! It is a cool name! :cool:
Elizabeth

No man needs a vacation as bad as the man who has just had one.
MollyD

Post by MollyD »

I found text references to it through Google but no pictures anywhere. The person who offered it to me said " It is dark and pink tinged, almost burgundy looking." It sounds interesting but I did wonder if it was of equal value to my Amber Wave. I found one source just now that said it was $2.96 but I couldn't figure out if that was a whole sale price.

MollyD
MollyD's Hosta list
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I tried a google search and found lots of wholesalers with it, nothing on a retail nursery selling it. One site had a list of wholesale prices and it seemed to be in the middle or the road, so to speak, but they didn't list Amber Waves so I couldn't compare the value between the two. Hard to say whether it's a good trade or not, but it does sound like it might be very pretty! Let us know what you decide to do and please post a pic if you get one. I'd love to see it. :)
Also...something to take into consideration is the person you will be trading with. Most are good traders, but there are some people out there who will entice you with the newest plant on the market and then not come through on the trade or send you something else that is not the correct plant. Sad ,but true. Good luck!
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
MollyD

Post by MollyD »

Thanks Joan,

I decided to pass because the one place I saw a price said it was $2.96 and I know my Amber Waves is worth far more. I figure with the postage to send AW it wasn't worth it to me.
The person trading is an honest person but doesn't really 'know' plants. She sells them but doesn't understand the whole plant scene. To her an unlabelled or incorrectly labelled plant is the same as a named variety. She's not being dishonest, it's just that she doesn't get it.

Thanks!
MollyD
MollyD's Hosta list
New Topic Post Reply