My Heuchera in 07

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

My Heuchera in 07

Post by Ginger »

Hi all. I am the proud owner of three, thats right count them, three heuchera :lol: :lol: But they are growing on me! Here are pics of my three, two of which are blooming :D

Ginger
Attachments
Obsidian. I really love the dark purple. It is actually darker than this pic makes it appear
Obsidian. I really love the dark purple. It is actually darker than this pic makes it appear
Caramel.  She looked better earlier but I moved her and we have had very little sun so her color is faded
Caramel. She looked better earlier but I moved her and we have had very little sun so her color is faded
Lime Rickey. He sat there and did nothing all last summer, but in the fall he took off and stayed good all winter
Lime Rickey. He sat there and did nothing all last summer, but in the fall he took off and stayed good all winter
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I would really like Lime Rickey, but it seems to be another one that goes disappearing on people. :roll:

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

So far it seems to really like OK hot humid weather. When the other two were looking stressed from the heat last summer (temps above 100 for many many days) that is when Lime Rickey really took off.

Time will tell if it stays or if it goes,... hey isnt that a song? :lol:

Ginger
impatience

Post by impatience »

Ginger, those Heuchera really seem to like this OK weather-glad something does. :wink: Glad to hear you are liking them.

Where did you find your Caramel? I haven't seen any "special" heuchera lately except Peach Melba (which is very special, BTW).

Thanks for your help.
Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts.
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

Hi Imp! Good to hear from my fellow OK gardner :D
I got Caramel from White Flower Farm. My DD got me a gift certificate from them for my birthday and I used it to buy some heuchera ( Lime Rickey and Caramel) and some Hosta. I have not ordered anything else from them, but the plants I got were in good shape. They are kind of pricey.

Ginger
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Ginger - your Lime Rickey is the nicest, fullest one I've ever seen. 8-)
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
New Topic Post Reply