Road Trip

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
maidofshade

Road Trip

Post by maidofshade »

I took the day off and me and the DH went to the arboretum to see what was up. and then :-? we had to stop at about every nursery on the way home and it wasn't a direct route I might add :oops: Between 2 home depots, 3 real nurserys and 2 Pop-up garden centers I aquired 8 more Heuchera. :wink:
Mocha Mint
Silver Scrolls
Key Lime Pie
Caramel
Brownies
Obsidian
Autumn Bride
Firefly
I already had firefly but mine are mostly green and this one has green/white/pink leaves (on 1/2 the plant)
That was a home depot thing so who knows and my other one came from Menards last year.
Which one is really Firefly?????
I got them all planted and we had a great day!!!!!
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Everybody keeps find these great plants at HD and we don't have any that are real close here!!

Mind you, the closest home improvement store of any kind is about 25 miles!

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
tsneal

Post by tsneal »

WTG...sounds like a great trip!

Stephanie
John

Post by John »

'Firefly' is a plain green one, grown for the flowers rather than the foliage. Sounds like you may have found a wonderful sport!
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Now that's my kind of road trip!! Great list of plants too. I saw Mocha Mint at a nursery and thought it was interesting looking. Might pick that one up later next month. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

It was a lovely day and a great way to spend it. It is a 45 minute trip in the metro and :eek: $3.09 for gallon/gas. But we usually do this every spring to start something new and interesting for the gardens. I am lucky he likes gardening too or yikes there could be some eyebrows raised for sure :lol: :lol:
New Topic Post Reply