Tah-Daaah!

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
GrannyNanny

Tah-Daaah!

Post by GrannyNanny »

Here they are -- some pics of this year's seedlings, which were sown at mid October. I've tried to get the colors as accurate as I can, so you can truly see what they look like. All together, I have five flats of 18 each, not all of which are as large or full as these. Some still look fairly scrawny, but I'll keep them awhile, and plant them out for the summer anyhow, to see if they'll bush out when they get into the nursery garden. Meanwhile, Enjoy! Phyllis
Attachments
Heuchera-grn-w-red-&-silver-2.jpg
Heuchera-Grnredsilvr-veining.jpg
Heuchera-puple-blue.jpg
Heuchera-purplesilver.jpg
GrannyNanny

Re: Tah-Daaah!

Post by GrannyNanny »

Here are the rest of the images I have -- more to follow later, when some of the others get bigger. Phyllis
Attachments
Heuchera-purpleslvr-2.jpg
Heuchera-Two-greensilver.jpg
Heuchera-two-purpleslvr.jpg
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

They're wonderful! I had a ton of volunteer Heuchera seedlings at my other house, I'm hoping the plants I brought with me when we moved will also have babies. I had some pretty fun color combinations with my seedlings. Keep posting pix, pretty please. Looks like you have a great variety of colors from greens to dark purples :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Makes me want to do seeds again......I hope I get seedlings pop up, too! Thanks for sharing Phyllis!! They are pretty! :cool:
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Beautiful babies! I can never seem to harvest Heuch seeds - they are too small, or I miss them or ... well... I just dont know, it just never seems to work out for me. :(

Yours are so nice, I dont think I would ever buy a new one!

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

It's so nice to see this, Phyllis. I've never managed to find the heuchera seeds either, Alexa.

Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Phyllis, those look great! Is the second one from Dale's Strain? I have several seedlings that I grew from seed and I think of you when I see them all thanks to your great advice on getting them to germinate and caring for them.
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

They look fantastic, Phyllis! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
GrannyNanny

Post by GrannyNanny »

I don't think that any of the seeds I gathered were from Dale's Strain, because I only harvested from plants that had lovely flowers, and the Dale's Strain plants have gorgeous leaves, but negligible flowers. They are sort of greeny-white, and don't look much like flowers at all. I wind up cutting off all the stalks of the flowers that are not really nice looking, so that the only ones left to dry on the stalks are those that I want to harvest. However, having said that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of those plants were crossed with pollen from Dale's Strain plants, since my heucheras are all mixed together in my gardens. As with hostas, you just never know what you'll get from open pollenated seeds! That's part of the excitement of growing these two types of plants from seed. Phyllis
New Topic Post Reply