New heuchera this year!!!

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
rosemarie

New heuchera this year!!!

Post by rosemarie »

Let's get this thing going!!! I found some new Heucs while kanoodling on the web, but for the life of me I can't remember where! But they were beautiful, one was bright Yellow. If that is the true color, it blew me away, There were several new ones. Someone was looking for Mardi Gras and I was looking for that one too. I had it when I first started with Heucs then I lost it. I found it in Ontario but I don't know if we can order from there and I have no clue how to go about it if we can. Also I want an older one called Midnight Claret. All the '14 plants are beginning to show up, so maybe MD will turn up somewhere! We will see! I have ordered Heucheras Lava Lamp, Cinnamon Curls, Zipper, Blackberry Ice and Heucherella Honey Rose so far! If the weather ever clears up (or warms up) I might be able to get out side. I have a guy who helps and he is great. And Spring is coming, I promise! :cool:
Last edited by rosemarie on Mar 16, 2014 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lovin' the great northwest!
rosemarie

Re: New Heuchera this year!!!

Post by rosemarie »

Well; guess I am on my own here!! And i am at it again. Everyone seems slow to list new Heucheras this Spring, but I found some more at t 'I love Hosta'. So I ordered Pinot Blanco, Carnival Coffee Bean and KIra Alpine Forest. It seems like every one is doing all their ordering early, some folks are already out of alot of plants. And there are so many new and gorgeous 'everything' this spring!! I have received 2 of my orders so far. IT'S SPRING!!!! :beer:
rosemarie

Re: New heuchera this year!!!

Post by rosemarie »

Where the heck is everybody? Have you all given up on Heuchera? I have found a few new ones for '14! PLus I have quite a few new Hosta ordered and I am really antsy!! We have had sun and rain all day. How goes it up north of us? Karma, Carol ! How are you doing?
Carol O
USDA Zone: 4

Post by Carol O »

Rosemarie, my 2 heuchera, one is doing well, the other ??? I don't know what either one of them are. I see them in garden centers and there are so many different ones now that I can never chose so haven't bought any.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

My two heuchera are up and growing just fine!! I have been looking at a couple more but I'm on hold until we see what we
do with the house. Watching the hosta pop up and leaf out with the new bark has been nice, they look really pretty!!
Have just a few more closets to paint and I can say the house has been painted on the inside. Just need to paint the trim
on the outside and we are done!! It has been nice to see all the rain so I could focus on the inside painting.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Carol O
USDA Zone: 4

Post by Carol O »

Rosemarie, between showers today, I ran out to see if I could find the labels on my 2 heuchera. One was faded beyond reading, the other is Heuchera 'Encore' and that is the one that isn't doing too well.

Also found a lot of pots that needed to be tipped over and let the water drain out of them. Had to quickly do that, though, as it is starting to rain again.
New Topic Post Reply