at a loss

Discuss ornamental grasses and bamboo.

Moderator: Chris_W

keith_novascotia

at a loss

Post by keith_novascotia »

hello all.I usually spend my time at the hosta site.But recently i've been doing more exploring.My beds range from shade to morning sun to a bit of afternoon sun. All the beds focus on hostas but last year and this one my focus is on plantings to work with the hostas. I've lots of astilbie;cinifuga etc but I have no grasses except for a small pot of ribbon grass.
Now for the big question. What do you suggest for a z4b -5 area. I would like something that behaves like a daylilly.Clumping and not venturesom.I can handle most heights and if need be I can sink a large pot in the ground for more control.I'll now read a few posts to get more info.
Thanks
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

Have you thought of Blue Feschue? Makes a nice mound shape, doesnt take over, and I think the blue would look nice amongst the hostas.
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
keith_novascotia

Post by keith_novascotia »

deb thanks. I was out yesterday and saw it and another blue that Chris mentioned to someone else. They had lots and we've had several new nurseries crop up this year so its time to wait for a sale.
keith
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Just don't let it go to seed! :eek: I made that mistake and it does germinate in the garden well :)
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
New Topic Post Reply