Six new clumping bamboos...

Discuss ornamental grasses and bamboo.

Moderator: Chris_W

doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Six new clumping bamboos...

Post by doublemom2 »

I just recently got five new clumping bamboos, plus Fargesia dracocephala that I got last year. These are wonderful, and I have to thank Mike (Garden of Mu) for helping me find these.

They were at a local grocery store and are true clumpers, guaranteed to not spread. The shortest will be 6-8 feet, the tallest up to 18 feet. I'm putting several along my back fence to help block the road back there.

They're from Boo-Shoot Gardens in Washington State, but they are sold in many areas of the country. You can do a Google search for Boo-Shoot Gardens and go to their "Where to Buy" page.

Yay!!! I'm loving my new babies :)

Andi
Attachments
Bamboo 040606.jpg
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
whis4ey

Post by whis4ey »

They look like Murielae
If they are they are a lovely bamboo
They shouldn't spread too much either :)
Sam
Fujiyama Japanese Garden

If everyday I have a laugh I add one minute to my life, then surely I will live forever
Hun Ki Dory
(famous Japanese philosopher :)
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

Ahem :???: Ahem :???: Ahem :???: I seem to remember a long-distance phone call to yours truly when you two were bamboo shopping............!!
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

But of course! How could I possibly forget to mention my 24-hour gardening consultant Kellie!?!?! How many times have I called you from a nursery asking about something? You know, you should start keeping track and send me an invoice each month LOL!

Thank you Kellie for your always-wonderful advice :)

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
New Topic Post Reply