Miscanthus Gold Bar

Discuss ornamental grasses and bamboo.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Miscanthus Gold Bar

Post by LucyGoose »

Does anyone have this one? Can you tell me if it thrived for you? I bought one and potted it and it started looking real sick....so I took that one back and asked if it was me (I bare rooted it when I potted it), or the plant, and they told me to go get another one.....They told me NOT to bare root it......then they told Jay that it must be a hosta thing......:lol: He said, they got you pegged.....:lol: This was at Gardens on the Prairie for the Indiana folks.....Wayne shook his head and laughed at me..... :roll: Soooooo, I just wanted to know if anyone else has grown it.....

Thanks!!! :D
mooie

Post by mooie »

I didn't realize Gold Bar was on the market for sale yet. I sure hope it's a better grower than that, cuz I ordered some for spring delivery where I work and had plans for it! :(

mooie
~Imagine~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi mooie.....

It's in the ground now, but I hope I don't have a durn vole .....about 3 times there was one of those half a dollar size holes right next to it...... :evil: ......out comes the bait this weekend when I get time.....

I hope it's a good one, too and will let you know how mine does.... 8-)
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Well, it's dead.......I will have to tell them at the nursery I got it from.....They wanted to know.....I have not dug it, but I don't think it was voles, since I have everything else alive there, but I will dig it this week-end when I am off.....Just thought I'd tell you.
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Are you sure it's dead? I wouldn't dig it up yet. I'd give it a little more time. Mine haven't been up for very long. A couple of them just have a tiny bit of growth.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
New Topic Post Reply