New baby Boo!

Discuss ornamental grasses and bamboo.

Moderator: Chris_W

doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

New baby Boo!

Post by doublemom2 »

I just picked up a birthday present for myslef :) I got Fargesia nitida 'Jiuzhaigou'. Kinda spendy, but such gorgeous dark burgundy canes!

I have about 10 different clumpers planted along my back fence line, but this one is going to be put in by my pond right outisde my kitchen window so it's more up close and personal.

Does anyone else have this beauty or has anyone seen a mature clump of it?

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Kas

Post by Kas »

So, Andi. Are you going to tell them just how much you paid for that 1 gallon pot? I won't squeal on ya because I don't want you to tell Ray that you are holding a boo baby for me too! :lol: :lol:

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

LOL!!!

Kara made me do it, with her oh-so-mature 12-year-old attitude... "Mom... you KNOW you want it, so go get it!!!"

It was $70 for a gallon pot. It's a TC, so being a Fargesia nitida variety, I'm thinking I've got a good 85 or 90 years before worrying about it blooming out :lol:

And no, Kathy, I won't tell your other half that I'm boo-sitting for you, though yours was a lot cheaper than mine was :)

andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

:o Okay, good thing the hubbies don't read the forums I see! :lol:

Do we get pics of the pretty?
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
New Topic Post Reply