New domain for the forums

Use this area to discuss pond gardening, bog gardening, and related topics.

Moderator: Chris_W

Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

New domain for the forums

Post by Chris_W »

Sorry for the big change, but I had to move the forums to a different domain - perennialreference.com

There are a few reasons for this, but mainly the software that runs our shopping cart program needs to be updated and if I do that the forums will be broken and won't work at all. For a few years I've kept the two running with the server sort of cobbled to allow both to run side by side, but with changing security I need to bring perennialnursery.com up to speed and that would break the forums. Having the forum run on this other domain and the shopping cart on our other domain keeps things separate and will keep the forums going for a lot longer.

I hope that helps to explain it. I know that I still have to make some changes to a few files and feel free to point out bugs as you see them. Bear with me as I make changes, but in the long run this is an important change.

Thank you for your understanding!

Chris
Chris_W
Administrator

Re: New domain for the forums

Post by Chris_W »

The links within the forum have been updated to all direct to perennialreference now.

Sorry but when doing this some of the posts from earlier today are gone. But hopefully this helps now.

Chris
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Post by Tigger »

No problem. Just had to make a fresh login. Obviously the old domain points to this one, but I'll still modify any links I have at our hosta society website.

David
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks for keeping it Chris!!

I also had to re-log in.. :wink:
Chris_W
Administrator

Post by Chris_W »

Yes, the login was from a persistent cookie on perennialnursery and cookies are only good on a single domain. Also since this forum is using ssl (secure pages) the cookies have to be different for that too, but otherwise should all be the same :)
ViolaAnn
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by ViolaAnn »

Thanks, Chris. Yes, a new log-in, and I couldn't remember my password (nor was it on my master list); so I had to change it, but it was time anyway.
Ann
Pictures of Ann's Hostas:
http://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Host ... 361_qL3gHS (SmugMug gallery now updated for 2016)
New Topic Post Reply