How do I upload an image or picture to the forums?

Post general forum comments or forum questions here. Specific gardening questions should be posted in the forum for that particular topic.

Moderator: Chris_W

Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

How do I upload an image or picture to the forums?

Post by Chris_W »

Definitely a frequently asked question:

First, select new topic or post reply, depending on whether you want a new topic or are replying to an existing topic. (Of course, make sure you are in the correct forum for your topic).

Type a subject, then type your message.

Below the message are option tabs, click on the tab that says "Add Picture or File". Next click on the Browse... button down in the filename section (in some browsers the button will read Choose File).

After clicking this button the standard dialog box for your computer will come up where you can find your file, select it, then click OK or Open or whatever the affirmative action is in this case (it can vary on different operating systems).

After you have selected the file the file name should now appear. You can add a file comment, then click on Preview to see if it worked or click Submit to upload the message with the file.

You can add up to 3 images per post, but please try to limit the overall number of files to conserve space here. To add more pictures instead of clicking on preview or submit click the Add Attachment button. It will then bring up another section, click browse... and repeat.

Important notes: File sizes should be less than 150kb. To do this you should edit your images to around 6 or 7" wide at 72 dpi and save the file at a lower quality/compression for web viewing. In most programs you would choose Save As...., then choose an Option for the quality or the compression. Medium or medium/low settings (30 to 50%) are usually all that is needed to see a good image at a good size and still have it less than 150kb (150kb is a very generous file size and is rarely necessary for good web viewing of images).

Hopefully that helps, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Enjoy!

Chris
Jennifer
USDA Zone: 6

Re: How do I upload an image or picture to the forums?

Post by Jennifer »

I understand the instructions here, but cannot click on the browse button, my computer won't let me..I can click on Add the File, but that just brings me back to the choice list with the boxes to check....any suggestions?
New Topic Post Reply