i can' stay logged on, and i am not alone

Post general forum comments or forum questions here. Specific gardening questions should be posted in the forum for that particular topic.

Moderator: Chris_W

ladybug

i can' stay logged on, and i am not alone

Post by ladybug »

i was talking to kathie (katails) and she and i both mentioned that we can no longer stay logged on and it will not remember us when we do try to stay logged. i sign in every time and check the box that says remember me and poof, each and everytime i go in i still have to log in with user name and password. this is something fairly recent cause i never had this problem till the last couple of months. please help?? we are both in the same boat and need a life preserver thrown to us before we drown. :wink:
ladybug
life is too short to be unhappy

i went to see michael buble in concert in charlotte nc on march 18 and it was fabulous!!
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Ladybug,

The auto login and sessions work with cookies. If you have done a recent security upgrade this usually shuts off cookies and you will need to turn them on again. Or, your cookie file has become corrupted and the forum can't overwrite the existing cookies.

Do two things: 1) make sure you have cookies enabled for this website. If you visit using www.hallsongardens.com then there should be 3 cookie files for www.hallsongardens.com called hallson_data, hallson_sid, hallson_t and if you visit the forum using www.perennialnursery.com then you should have those 3 cookie files under that website name. If these cookie files don't exist then you don't have cookies enabled. Make sure you add the respective website to the allow list.

2) If those files do exist they might be corrupted. Delete all 3 files (hallson_data, hallson_sid, hallson_t), then return to the forum, go to log in then select the auto login button along with your info. Double check to make sure the cookie files were created. If not, the forum can't remember who your are and when you were last here.

You will find the cookie information in your browser preferences. If you don't know how to do this, let us know which browser you are using and we can try to walk you through it.

I would not recommend deleting all of the cookies. If you do that you will wipe out all the cookies to every website you visit. Instead first try to just delete the 3 cookies I mentioned.

Good luck!

Chris
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:eek: I deleated a bag of Oreos tonight. Didn't hurt my puter a bit! :D :wink:
New Topic Post Reply