Explorer 8 & posted pics not loading

Post general forum comments or forum questions here. Specific gardening questions should be posted in the forum for that particular topic.

Moderator: Chris_W

Margery
USDA Zone: 5

Explorer 8 & posted pics not loading

Post by Margery »

Ever since i downloaded Eexporer 8 I have been unable to see almost all of the pics that are posted. I was able to see the ones of the over planted border (sorry, can't remember who posted these) but that is about it. Anyone else having problems? Chris, I know you have an Apple so are unaware of this issue. If anyone has any ideas I'd sure appreciate hearing them.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Explorer 8 & posted pics not loading

Post by Chris_W »

Hi,

I bet there is something in the preferences that is blocking those pictures. The attachments display here as a file reference. The pictures you could see that you mentioned were image files from another website (not forum uploads).

Check through your preferences or security settings. IE is probably blocking those somehow.

There were several actual bugs associated with IE8 that were addressed with the forum software already, so that's why I think this might be some kind of setting in IE8 itself causing this.

If all else fails, download a better browser like Firefox.

Hopefully there is some else more familiar with IE8 who can help more than me.

Good luck,

chris
Margery

Post by Margery »

I'll try that Chris. The odd thing is that this is the only forum I'm having troubles with. Thanks for such a speedy replyI
Chris_W
Administrator

Post by Chris_W »

I found this support page from Microsoft that might be helpful:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

I would guess a script issue or a compatibility issue, with a script issue the security settings are probably set too high. In tools go to internet options, the security tab, and then lower your security setting. There are other suggestions on that support page.

Chris
Annie

Post by Annie »

I had IE8 and had nothing but trouble with it. I took it off and went back to 7 and now all it well :)
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Margery

Post by Margery »

Thanks Chris & Annie. I changed my settings and still no pics. So I started the Google Chrome browser and the pics displayed fine. So when I went back to IE8 and lo and behold all the pics are now there. Scratching my head about that but i have pics again! Yay :D
Chris_W
Administrator

Post by Chris_W »

It might be that in order for changes to your settings to take effect you had to exit and then restart your browser. Glad to hear they are working now :)

Chris
New Topic Post Reply