*******SECRET TRADE RECEIVED*********

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

I was only slightly confused, Andrea. :???: :wink: :lol: I thought the others were too because I couldn't see any of the telltale signs of knife-separation marks. :lol:

I'm really curious about High Kicker now. I'd better do a little internet research.

Thanks again - I do like everything!! :P

Pat - I'm glad your package got there OK. I didn't think it would take toooo much longer to get to Indiana than Linda's did to IL. LOL I was just happy to help out OC & be a 'surrogate' trader. :wink:

But Pat - you do need to explain one thing to me. Did your DH try to eat Santa's cookies & you took them away or did you just have the munchies?? :wink: Not that I've ever been in labor, but I know when Deb went into labor with Sara - cookies or any other food suddenly kind of lost any appeal they might have had before...
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
ademink

Post by ademink »

All of them that you don't see a knife mark on seem to grow in more of an individuals=clump style. In other words, it's like a bunch of them all clustered together, only barely attached. I tend to try to find a natural separation point and then tug gently, rather than cut.

If you like cascading leaves, ruffles and flowers on tall scapes that look like a party - you'll love High Kicker! :bd: :lol:

By the way, it's OS from Aden. :D (Hey, if you're gonna do it...do it RIGHT!) :lol:
Help! I'm being held hostage!

My Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I love reading this thread!!

And I want to say "Thank-You" to Reldon with a "giant hug" for doing my old pal, Coot, that favor... :beer: to you Reldon!!!

Boy, people are getting nice hosta's for sure....I love the trades! :D :cool:
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Reldon, DH wouldn't eat the cookies so I had to. :lol: :lol: :lol: Well...somebody had to! :wink:
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
largosmom

Post by largosmom »

I'm waiting till the weekend too, no hot waiting at the post office. And I have some digging to do so that I can mail out on Tuesday. Sorry to my secret tradee for making him/her wait...but I only have one named hosta that is large enough for dividing that isn't on your "have" list already. I had a few eyes I had separated from my spring Hallson's order, but you already had all of those (but may get one anyway, heheheh).

On the other hand, I'll be sending a couple of "unknowns" that I have that are still very pretty and maybe you can tell me what they are as we seem to have such similar tastes!

:bd:
AlwaysWeeding

Post by AlwaysWeeding »

My tradee has to wait for a Tuesday sendoff, too. I am trading on another forum and wanted to dig the same plants for both. Got lucky on the other forum and got a newbee, so anything I send for this one will do for them as well. Sorry you have to wait - the tension mounts....
AlwaysWeeding
My Hallsons Page -- viewtopic.php?t=44071&highlight=alwaysweeding
LynneM

Post by LynneM »

I'm in the running for a Tuesday sendoff as well....
scootersbear

Post by scootersbear »

First thank you "Allhuskrred", Allen for some very nice and healthy hostas and very good sized.

Sweet Home Chicago
Paradise Joyce
Pathfinder
Stained Glass

Now I feel like a slacker, it's been raining here so haven't had much of a chance to get outside so I guess mine will go out next week. Sorry secret trader I'm going to be drinking a few too many beers to be digging out plants this Memorial day weekend.

once again thank you they'll be a welcomed addition
Willowy

Post by Willowy »

Oh what a night! Secret trades from two forums arriving the same day. I thought I had died and gone to Hosta Heaven! My beautiful package from John at Hallson’s arrived yesterday with the most amazing selection of plants. Generous divisions of Gumdrop (an adorable blue), Diamond Tiara and Golden Tiara, (believe it or not, I only had two Tiaras in my collection and I'm a Tiara kind of girl so its nice to have four varieties now!), Ginko Craig (I love the little white edges on this one), plus two additions for my brothers memorial garden, Cadillac and Tiny Tears (very appropriately arriving on the one year anniversary and a very nice way to lift my spirits yesterday!)

Thank you John for your very generous gifts; you were much too kind. I love them all and look forward to planting them in my newly expanded gardens. Cadillac and Tiny Tears are already in the ground. Robyn
a.k.a. hostabuff
My Hosta List & My Blog
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Andrea - sounds like I'm gonna like High Kicker OS a LOT!! :P

Thanks Lucy - sometimes it's more fun to give than receive. :wink:

Pat - I'm not buyin the 'DH wouldn't eat them story'... :wink: I know how you in-labor women can be. LOL Besides - you could have always put them back in the cookie jar....
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
John

Post by John »

Robyn, I'm glad to hear you are happy with the hostas! Tried to find a few you did not already grow, and especially a couple on your wish-list for your brother's memorial garden. Hope you enjoy them all, and that they do well for you.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

OC says that you too for my secret trade came yesterday too

Post by oldcoot »

Will comment more on that topic in my Hosta thread

OC grinning ear to ear.........
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
ruby42

Post by ruby42 »

I recieved my Hosta too :D ! They are from hostamom(Marsha) and they are BIG division's of:

Christmas Tree (what a BIG guy)
June Type 2 (it's awesome)
Kiwi Full Monty (BEAUTIFUL)
Chiquita (WOW)
Yakushima (what a cutie)

Thank's so much Marsha they are all planted and look perfect!!! :) :)

sue
John

Post by John »

Received a huge package in today's mail, containing four large clumps of hostas, plus a bonus companion plant!

Our own Tigger sent me a package fit for a King-- one in need of more Tiaras, anyway!

He sent:

GRAND TIARA--
PLATINUM TIARA--

as well as another one fit for Royalty:

ROYALTY--

and the Gracious:

Hosta gracillima.

All of these are new to my garden, and most appreciated. I was able to find the perfect places to plant them, just before the thunderstorm watered them all in.

David must have read a page of my Journal and noted my interest in Epimediums, and included the "must have":

Epimedium X versicolor 'Sulphureum'

THANK YOU very much, I am thrilled with these new additions.

Regalhugs,

John
Dee_dla
USDA Zone: 4b

Post by Dee_dla »

My secret trade came yesterday!!! :D :D :D Perfect timing as I have a new "work in progress" hosta area.

THANK YOU to Lela (twoblackdogs) !!!

I received:
Ice Age Trail...love this one since I saw your posted pic!!!
Beckoning...so so pretty...love the coloring!
Independence... :cool: speckled margins!
Pineapple Upsidedown Cake...it's petioles are so long! Love the name, cake and the hosta!!! :wink:

Lela, I couldn't be more thrilled to have these new additions from your garden now in mine. I have notes all over my pc desk with "wish lists" and these can now be crossed off. (when I find them again) :lol:

THANK YOU so much!!!
Dee
Dee's Hosta List

"The poetry of the earth is never dead." ~John Keats
notmartha
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by notmartha »

mine goes out tuesday too!!!
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I think mine may have received their first package yesterday and the 2nd package should be shipped soon!!

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Hilbourn1985

Post by Hilbourn1985 »

I recieved my Secret Trade on Friday and I am still in shock. Thank you Newtohosta-nomore (Joan). The divisions you sent are HUGE and I love them all!!

This is what I got:

June
Geisha
Iron Gate Delight
Glory
Salute

Thanks !!!
Stephanie H
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Claudia!!

Yes, I got your package.....I love homemade soaps.....:-) She sent me 3 bars of it, too.....Thank-You! :D
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Glad you liked what I sent to you ,Stephanie! You were easy to choose for since there were so many that you didn't have ,but I had several that were mature plants.
And like I said in my letter........EVERYBODY needs at least one June!! :wink: :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply