Enterprise

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Enterprise

Post by Ginger »

I got this little guy from Chris last month. When he first unfurled, his leaves were really really wimpy!! Really limp and no substance. I have kept it out of the direct sun because the heat alone was making the leaves really limp. In the morning the leaves were up and looked great, but as the day went on the leaves would just lay down. As it is getting bigger the leaves are getting more substance, but I am doubtful how well it will handle the heat here this summer. It may become an inside plant :o I like it though :D

Registry - http://www.hostaregistrar.org/detail.ph ... Enterprise
MyHostas - http://myhostas.be/db/hostas/Enterprise
Hosta Library - http://www.hostalibrary.org/e/enterprise.html
Enterprise607.JPG
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Very pretty Ginger! :cool:

My DH served aboard the USS Enterprise.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
barbara

Post by barbara »

I don't see what you are complaining about, it looks fine :D Plus, its a new plant that has to set roots, give it time, especially if you have hot temps. And.... it takes time for leaves to harden off...with patience, I don't think you will be disapointed :D
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

It's pretty...looks like it would be worth the wait! :D
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
busybea

beautiful

Post by busybea »

absouletly georgous i love the colors .can i grow in alberta?
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

What a beautiful Hosta.

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D :D And thank you for posting the picture. I got one from Chris this spring too and it started off shaky due to the high heat and non existent rain. I kept is wat4red every7 two or three days hen the ground looked dry and it finally start4d growing. This week we have h have had three straight days of on an off showers, that soak in before h4e next one comes. With temp in only the upper 60's, I can see from the deck that the4e bugg4rwsar4 really taking off. We moved all of hr name Hostas from the Rock garden9Jusst going to use that fort a holding bed, and this rain was perfect for them after the move.....tHANK YOU LORD..Beautiful ...Good to see what it will look like soon.

OC doing really great now...thank you again Lord.An thank you again Hallson Family for your prayers - they work....
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

OC: it is a pretty one! It is the only one I have with a lot of white. I agree it does like more water than my others. Good luck with yours! If mine does not like the heat I will take it inside. The beauty of pots :D
BusyBee: I bet it would grow great up north where the temps are more moderate.
Barbara: :lol: you are so right! I just never had one that had such limp leaves before! The leaves are getting more substance as they mature.

Thanks for all the great comments, and Thanks to Chris and Brian for providing such wonderful plants :D
Ginger
Eleven
USDA Zone: 6a

Re: Enterprise

Post by Eleven »

Here's the pretty Enterprise I got last summer. I couldn't resist its coloration when I saw Chris potting it up.
Hosta Enterprise.JPG
~Shawna
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Re: Enterprise

Post by redcrx »

I have always been curious as to how to tell the difference between Enterprise and Vulcan - I know one is a spaceship and one is a planet - but besides that how do you tell them apart. I have always thought it was by the third color in the leaf - the chartreuse. To me Vulcan has a brighter more yellow chartreuse. I picked up an Enterprise this season and I am going to plant it next my Vulcan to see if this is true given the same soil, light and water conditions.

The Vulcan has been in place for many years and I'm a little slow getting the Enterprise planted.

That's Gypsy Rose at the bottom/right and a white flowered hardy orchid at the top.
Enterprise and Vulcan - July 13, 2016
Enterprise - July 13, 2016
Enterprise - July 13, 2016
Vulcan - July 13, 2016
Vulcan - July 13, 2016
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
New Topic Post Reply