looking for pic of 'Dawn's Early Light'

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Canadian-hosta-girl

looking for pic of 'Dawn's Early Light'

Post by Canadian-hosta-girl »

I am pretty sure I saw a pic in earlier may of someone 'Dawn's Early Light' that looked fabulous and I cant seem to remember who posted it and can't find the post...

I found it by luck 2 weeks ago and grabbed it and since mine is a tiny eye but with nice leaves. I would like to see this mature clump pic so I can figure out the best spot for it ....

Hosta Registry - http://www.hostaregistrar.org/detail.ph ... ly%20Light
MyHostas - http://myhostas.be/db/hostas/Dawn's+Early+Light
Hosta Library - http://www.hostalibrary.org/d/dawnsearlyl.html
HostaDesigner

Post by HostaDesigner »

Here ya go,

chelielynn

Post by chelielynn »

WOW --- Ok now that's one I need to get for my garden. Anyone know how well it does in Sun? Part sun? Full Shade? Love the pie crust edges.
DBoweMD

Post by DBoweMD »

Shelly it is the same color as St Elmo's Fire. From Sea Fire.
It is a very cool plant though, has more character.
newhostaaddict

Post by newhostaaddict »

AWESOME....

jill
Canadian-hosta-girl

Post by Canadian-hosta-girl »

Thank you hostadesigner. Yes it was your pic with the trillium river going through the garden bed. I just loved that. That's the pic that made me buy this hosta -- it just picks up the light and glows .....simply stunning!

thank you again :)
chelielynn

Post by chelielynn »

Dave thanks for the info it good to know. I was trying to find something to offset my Queen of the seas I just got, so St Elmo's Fire maybe a good one. What do you all think? Good compliments to each other? And since you just sent me that one in our trade that would work out great. Thanks again for the wonderful hostas.

Shelly
DBoweMD

Post by DBoweMD »

Shelly, I think it's a great combination. One of these days I'll post pics of groupings in the beds, and you'll see that I try to put solid colors between variegated ones, and yellows next to blues really make both stand out.
chelielynn

Post by chelielynn »

Yeah this is the year that I'm trying to go though the gardens and make adjustments according to sizes and color combos....Yeah I know should have done this in the first place but I'm kind of a complusive shopper. I find one I like and buy it. Not really thinking about where I'm going to put it. Aren't we all?

Sorry Canadian-hosta-girl I kind of hijacked your thread. :???: But thanks for bringing this up.

Shelly
DBoweMD

Post by DBoweMD »

Aren't we all?

Well I certainly am!
New Topic Post Reply